My truck is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So now you guys got me all worried because my seat heaters dont come on when i remote start it.

i of course have reflashed the ecu multiple times (econ, to perf, to econ, back to perf) and have a volant intake.

Guess i need to figure out a way to check what version ecu i have.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done reading your thread . I had a similar problem happen to me 2 weeks ago. Was out on the trails, slowed down to make a turn off, truck shutters oil pressure drops off and a oil can appears on the instrument cluster, truck shuts down. Can't restart it. Check engine, under truck, nothing leaking. Takes about an hour and 20 attempts to restart, truck feels like it is in limp mode, and stalls at every stop I make.

Have a CAI and 5 start tune for a year and a half. Had a friend come pick me up and flat bed the truck to his shop. I took the tune off and left the truck with him. He can't find anything wrong and sends it to my local Ford dealer who had the truck for 2 days but couldn't find anything wrong.

I am leaving the stock ecu in place, has been running fine. Temps have been in the 40's here so that is not the issue.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm i noticed that my oil temp gauge appears to never move off of "optimal" temp.

So if its cold out and i hop in and start it up, when the gauge turns on it goes directly to "warm". The tranny temp gauge appears to function as i would expect it.

*sigh*

WTF

I think im gonna roll back to stock to see if the flash it the culprit or not.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Hmm i noticed that my oil temp gauge appears to never move off of "optimal" temp.

So if its cold out and i hop in and start it up, when the gauge turns on it goes directly to "warm". The tranny temp gauge appears to function as i would expect it.

Somewhere way back a ford tech claims the oil pressure gauge is a dummy light with a stick. I sweare my gauge reads different after an oil change. He says its a pressure / no pressure gauge. No incriments. So don't freak out over a idiot light with a leg! Hahahhaahaa. Really.

BDRAG

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somewhere way back a ford tech claims the oil pressure gauge is a dummy light with a stick. I sweare my gauge reads different after an oil change. He says its a pressure / no pressure gauge. No incriments. So don't freak out over a idiot light with a leg! Hahahhaahaa. Really.

BDRAG

BUT BUT BUT IT LOOKS SO SCARY!

The thing that is bothering me is the fact its behavior has changed so dramatically. ILl prob flash to stock and check it, then back to 93 perf to see what happens.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im a reh-****

i got my water temp and oil pressure gauges mixed up in my head. So when i was thinking that the oil pressure gauge had functioned as a temp guage i was superimposing the water temp guage with the oil pressure gauge.

*sigh*

It hurts being stupid, at least everyone can point and laugh at me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free