My Truck Found A Toy To Play With.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd like to see a head on collision with a F-150, Raptor, and Super Duty. I see a hell of a lot more of those on the road than C-Class Benz's.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I didn't. I don't think I'd fit.

I passed by it and swung around to snap a picture of it.

Don't those things only get about 28-30 mpg? At that rate spend the same amount of money and get something that will protect you in a crash.

It would fit in the back of the Raptor! If not you could always park on top of it.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Oh the typical smart hater. They are VERY safe cars. They have a solid one piece cage (black part on this car). They have some of the best side impact crash ratings. It has the same safety ratings as a Mercedes E class. And they average high 30s to mid 40s. I'm 6' and fit easily with room to spare.
Test drive it just to see what they are all about

The same physics that play to the Smart's advantage when it hits a stationary object (like in a typical crash test) are the ones that make it completely unsafe when its involved in an accident with another vehicle. I have one word for you. Mass.

I wouldn't put my kid in one of those.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
As a city runabout though? why not? its (kinda) safe, very fuel efficient, cost efficient, perfect size for traffic/parking lots. Its not one you would have as your only car but as an addition I can't see why not

Banned
Reaction score
As a city runabout though? why not? its (kinda) safe, very fuel efficient, cost efficient, perfect size for traffic/parking lots. Its not one you would have as your only car but as an addition I can't see why not

What kinda mpg do they get anyway? For a city envelope courier where it's bumper to bumper traffic, I can see it being great. But so would a fiesta, or any small car.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

I don't see the point. Buy a slightly larger Ford Focus. Get the same mileage (on regular fuel), a back seat, and a trunk. Plus all the other features you can get in a real car. The Smart is a gimmick. And they sell miserably because they are a gimmick with no practicality or positive attributes.