My raptor was rear ended need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cah076

Reaction score
Code:

I have a 2013 Raptor bought in July first owner. It was rear ended last night while stopped at a red light. I do not know much about this trucks specs/body/etc (I am a girl) ....anyway the left back I end is demolished under the tail light and the bumber is dented the plastic on top of the bumber ruined, and today a friend saw that between the cab and bed of the truck some part was messed up. Forgive me for not knowing all the details. I am out of town and was not home when this happened, I still haven't seen the damage in person...I'm dreading it....

The insurance company is going to do an inspection and give me an estimate on damage, my fear is the Joe Schmo will not have a clue about this vehicle because this isn't something you see where I live very often.
Should I have an svt technician take a look and estimate it? Since they should know every place to check for damage? Would the nationwide agent even know to look between the cab and bed for damage? I have never been in a wreck so I do not know how this works.

Also are there sensors in the back of the truck for all the extra lights/camera etc that could have been damaged?

Ultimately my question is what should I do /have checked to make sure I get the right estimate and who should I have do the repairs? I want it to be properly and fairly fixed. This is my baby lol

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's best to take it back to the Ford dealership for the estimate. Do not let nationwide or any insurance company make the decision on where it should be repaired.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two vehicles in major accidents. The last one was a 2007 BMW 750i, someone ran a light and hit the drivers side front fender and wheel at 45 mph. $38K of repairs. I insisted on using a BMW factory certified repair shop. they had all of the factory jigs, spot welded, glued, etc just like new.

You do not have to use the repair facility the insurance company recommends. I have state farm. The accident was the other drivers fault and their insurance company seemed pretty sketchy. My state farm agent recommended just initiating a claim with State farm and then state farm went after that insurance company. Other than driving a piece of crap Impala for 6 weeks everything went perfect.

Here is what I'd do;
1) call Ford SVT (number posted on this forum somewhere) and ask if they have SVT certified repair shops. Likely there are a couple in each major area.
2) Call your insurance and ask if you can get the repair started ASAP. they will likely tell you that you will have to front your deductible but you will get that back in the end assuming the other driver was listed as at fault by the police.
3) Insist on dimimished value payout from the other insurance company. The accident will show when a potential buyer runs a carfax in the future and you should not have to eat the lower value a car with an accident has versus one that doesn't.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning...........

thats sucks. first off, where are you located? if you are near one of the performance vendors on the right -----> see if they can help, otherwise the solutions have already been listed. it sucks to join the wrecked raptors group, but sometimes shit does happen. whatever you do make sure they check for frame damage, that is a huge part ig getting your truck back on the road properly.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any good reputable body shop can get your truck back to its original state. But make sure there are guarantees and warranties. Beware of insurance contracted shops. Some don't use high end materials due the the insurance companies cutting their rates in place of volume. Independent shops get a higher rate and can do finer work to gain your loyalty. Just make sure you let them know up front that you want high quality paint and want proof of invoices of where the parts were bought. This will keep a shop from trying to buy any aftermarket parts. If you have any questions on this, shoot me a pm. I'm a collision and custom paint professional. Hope everything goes well for you.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any good reputable body shop can get your truck back to its original state. But make sure there are guarantees and warranties. Beware of insurance contracted shops. Some don't use high end materials due the the insurance companies cutting their rates in place of volume. Independent shops get a higher rate and can do finer work to gain your loyalty. Just make sure you let them know up front that you want high quality paint and want proof of invoices of where the parts were bought. This will keep a shop from trying to buy any aftermarket parts. If you have any questions on this, shoot me a pm. I'm a collision and custom paint professional. Hope everything goes well for you.

Yes! Listen to this guy!

But I still say 4-link that ****....lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cah076

Reaction score
I am located in Northeast Alabama. I will check to see if any of the shops are near me. Thank you for the advice everyone. :) The guy that hit my truck hit 2 other vehicles as well mine had the least amount of damage from the untrained eye.