My raptor was rear ended need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of if they can return it to factory condition you will still suffer a loss in value. This damage will now show up on a CARFAX report and thus hurt your overall value should you trade the vehicle in at some point.

I had my truck (not a raptor) rear ended when It was 2 months old and had about 2000 miles on it.

There is an issurance law that states if your vehicle suffers a loss in value that the at fault drivers insurance company has to pay you to offset that loss in value.

In my accident I really didn't have that much damage ( the report said I had possible frame damage) but being as my truck was still in new condition they paid me an additional $5000 after they had paid for all repairs. Now they didn't offer this freely and they argued it all the way. But I followed the guidelines in what was necessary to get this paid to me.

I refused to settle until they paid. I wrote a letter challenging there offer to settle to the insurance company pointing out this law. I even spoke to an attorney who wrote a letter to them (cost me $50). I even got a letter from Toyota stating they would not accept my vehicle at TMV because of the damage if I traded it back in. But in the end I got $5000 above repairs and medical expenses because my car would now show up on CARFAX as damaged and thus no dealer would give me true value.

Right or wrong, my value was damaged on my truck. I took the $5k check, got a lift kit and new off road bumper.

When the dealer recently asked about me trading in my tacoma on the raptor the first thing they did was pull a car fax and asked me about that rear end damage. The offer immediately went down even though it was repaired to factory standards.

Just a thought anyway.

I cant remember the name of that law as it was 5 years ago, but I know my loss in value was offset upfront by the at fault drivers insurance. If I get a lower than average trade in offer at least I know it was covered.

I didn't screw no one or no insurance company. I simply got what i was owed because i teenager was texting, ran off the road and rear ended my truck while I was parked 5 feet off the side of the road.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your carrier can takie care of the work but you must pay the deductable. You can demand certified **** parts from the claim insurance company. Most body shops are very kinowledgeable on repairs unless you have mechanical damage. Then you want only Ford to do those repairs. Don't forget to ask about deminished value you will lose from having the truck wrecked and this showing up in the car fax. Your value will be grealy reduced once you wish to trade the vehicle.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to the dealership for quotes. The quote will be higher then u can ask for the check and get it done with a 3rd party and get mod money possibly. Just a thought. Dealerships are higher usually.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Purchase a Sparebumper from SUPERBUMPER Hitch Step - Stops Rear End Collision Damage. to prevent rear-end collisions in the future. Sorry this happened to you cah076, small things end up big and I know what its like dealing w/ incompetence. Hell, I was pissed when my insurance adjuster/estimator came out and UNDER-QUOTED me $4.5K - straight up ********.

Hope my Insurance is happy w/ the extra bill sent from the shop for that extra $4.5K :flipthebird:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Insurance fraud^

It's a free country to take to third parties for cheaper services, shoot.....u can take the check and keep your screwed up truck and pocket the cash for all you want. We pay for insurance to protect our out of pocket damages, no reason you can't put it back in your pocket whichever way that may be. Just to clarify.......continue

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a free country to take to third parties for cheaper services, shoot.....u can take the check and keep your screwed up truck and pocket the cash for all you want. We pay for insurance to protect our out of pocket damages, no reason you can't put it back in your pocket whichever way that may be. Just to clarify.......continue

x2.

You don't even have to fix it.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You certainly need to get deminished value like state above. My Audi Q7 was hit back in April and I am still fighting with the insurance company to get the deminished value. There was only $10,000 in damage and the car was repaired at the Audi dealer. But stupid car fax listed the car as being totaled which is complete ********. I have filed countless comapliants and been fighting for the insurance company to force Carfax to change it since the insurance company did not total the vehicle. Carfax told me that since the police report said severe damage that that is where they are basing their claim. Right now the current value of my Audi should be $53k and because of the carfax any dealer I take it to will only give me $30k. So I am fighting for a large amount of demished value.

My point is to make sure you don't get screwed by Carfax like I have. They are a very bad company and will not work with people to make things right.