My Hellion Twin Turbo Raptor 643RWHP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice job, I need to wake my truck up with some add ons. Stock this truck is a dud, engine wise. A stock Eco boost feels stronger.

I think that 'dud' is a little harsh. I moved into my '14 from a '13 Eco Boost. Yes, the Eco Boost was surprisingly hot for a V6, but the 6.2 is a lugger. It is at least as strong off the line as the V6, figure in the bigger tires/wheels then it's stronger. Stick a CAI in, add a good tuner and exhaust, then your going to be in business!!!

cwickd

Reaction score
I think that 'dud' is a little harsh. I moved into my '14 from a '13 Eco Boost. Yes, the Eco Boost was surprisingly hot for a V6, but the 6.2 is a lugger. It is at least as strong off the line as the V6, figure in the bigger tires/wheels then it's stronger. Stick a CAI in, add a good tuner and exhaust, then your going to be in business!!!
Dud isn't fair, but I expected a little more out of the box. I'm sure once the tuner gets here and I find a good exhaust system I'll be happy. Can you gain anything from a cat back system or its it not worth it unless you go all the way with headers?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dud isn't fair, but I expected a little more out of the box. I'm sure once the tuner gets here and I find a good exhaust system I'll be happy. Can you gain anything from a cat back system or its it not worth it unless you go all the way with headers?

I've got cat back and was told by my local guy who does a lot of custom stuff that the headers work well if your going all out with other upgrades to the motor but that generally you won't see huge benefits from them. Just not worth the cost and work for what you and I would get out of them. The cat back gives plenty of free-flow for the tune and CAI.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job, I need to wake my truck up with some add ons. Stock this truck is a dud, engine wise. A stock Eco boost feels stronger.

6.2= peak TQ starting at 4500rpm
3.5EB= peak TQ starting at 2500 rpm

Getting that TQ so fast is teh key for the EB.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where's that picture? inquiring minds need to know :)

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many hours of labor was this to install not that I'm gonna pay someone but I know a guy that's deployed that has some Xtra cash and might want some help installing this since he's tired of wasting time on suspension mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk