My 2020 Moonroof "CRUNCH"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The “BAMR” is a huge profit generator. I think I got hit for $1500 in ’17.
Now to get the tailgate step in Jen Tres, you must have the 100% unrelated and now over 2k for the whole deal moonroof. In my case I had $2500 of unwanted “features” to the tune of graphics and the moonroof. Everything else I’d have sprung for. But in the market I was in, you were lucky to get within $2000 of MSRP. The one truck that was a perfect match for me was listed $5k over and they weren’t trying to hear about me paying MSRP, so I ended up with BAMR

This profit is just on the front end. The marketing team enforcing moon roof packaging ensures post warranty profit because most of us aren’t properly maintaining the unit, so at 36,001 miles when you pop that BAMR rearward and break the tracks, stealerships get a tidy profit off the repairs.

You do have to respect it for at least durability QA’d. When was the last time you hear one of us complain about the moonroof glass falling out or coming loose? There’s a lot of starbucks curb island hopping going on in FRF so at least they made sure we can do stupid human tricks and not pay the price for it.

Still, I’d prefer not to be bothered with it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The “BAMR” is a huge profit generator.

This profit is just on the front end.

stealerships get a tidy profit off the repairs.
Good point. SSDD with all of the electronic stuff. They charge unbelievable markup on anything electronic. Like 10-100x. Maybe they aren't stupid.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The “BAMR” is a huge profit generator. I think I got hit for $1500 in ’17.
Now to get the tailgate step in Jen Tres, you must have the 100% unrelated and now over 2k for the whole deal moonroof. In my case I had $2500 of unwanted “features” to the tune of graphics and the moonroof. Everything else I’d have sprung for. But in the market I was in, you were lucky to get within $2000 of MSRP. The one truck that was a perfect match for me was listed $5k over and they weren’t trying to hear about me paying MSRP, so I ended up with BAMR

This profit is just on the front end. The marketing team enforcing moon roof packaging ensures post warranty profit because most of us aren’t properly maintaining the unit, so at 36,001 miles when you pop that BAMR rearward and break the tracks, stealerships get a tidy profit off the repairs.

You do have to respect it for at least durability QA’d. When was the last time you hear one of us complain about the moonroof glass falling out or coming loose? There’s a lot of starbucks curb island hopping going on in FRF so at least they made sure we can do stupid human tricks and not pay the price for it.

Still, I’d prefer not to be bothered with it.

Sounds like jealously of my awesome Starbucks parking spot.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So they would blame the failure on the stereo? Sounds like a stretch.
Don't mess with stereos much I see. My vision gets blurry from the bass and everything feels like its breaking. Yeah...the moonroof and back window are my biggest concerns.

Nav-TV ZEN- A2B Interface Module
JL Audio C3 6.5 Comps(FRONT)
Sundown Audio NeoPro V3 6.5's(REAR)
Two 12" Sundown Zv5 Subs
Next Level Fabrications Enclosure
Sundown Audio SALT 200.4
Sundown Audio SALT-4 @ 1ohm
Dayton Audio DSP
Mechman370 Alternator
Next Level Fabrications 56ah Lithium

Replacing SALT-4 with a SALT-6 and adding another 56ah llithium bank soon.