My 2020 Moonroof "CRUNCH"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I can attest to this. When I was younger I had a truck with 2 18’s in a bandpass box in the bed with a blow through that hit 150db, and I definitely have long term hearing loss. I had so much into that system that I never had the heart to go that all in again, and don’t want any more hearing loss.

WHAT????!!!

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can attest to this. When I was younger I had a truck with 2 18’s in a bandpass box in the bed with a blow through that hit 150db, and I definitely have long term hearing loss. I had so much into that system that I never had the heart to go that all in again, and don’t want any more hearing loss.
When I was in "A" school here in Charleston just before I shipped out to Sicily for my first tour I had my bed cut. It was a lowrider Isuzu pickup truck. I was maybe 20 then around 93. I had two 12" subs and hell I can't even remember what ****** subs they were but lord that truck hit. The bass carried a good ways, enough to **** off people. I just can't cut this Raptor up like that.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! that it truly a bad situation :)

That is really fortunate. I’m hoping the local stealership will pony up for moonroof lube next time in. My old stealership in NoVA did it included in the ‘works’. New locals are a much smaller shop and weren’t as willing to throw that in free - and they weren’t charging as much either.
I am also in NOVA. Did you manage to get yours fixed? I also have a similar problem (posted) but nothing is broken. I believe the two railing rods (left & right) popped out of their place and now are not able to engage the glass...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am also in NOVA. Did you manage to get yours fixed? I also have a similar problem (posted) but nothing is broken. I believe the two railing rods (left & right) popped out of their place and now are not able to engage the glass...

I did; Ourisman in Alexandria piped out the repair to a local stealership on US1. Definitely do not screw with it ( unless you know what you’re doing. With moon roofs, I do not ) until you’re at the stealership and prepared to drop it off for repair.

Good luck!

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealership in Northern Virginia (NOVA) asked for $4,500 to repair my SCAB 2013 moonroof. It was hard to control myself and just left. Basically they DO NOT REPAIR ANYTHING...just replace EVERYTHING with a new moonroof, tracks, rails, shade..!

<<< Why repair a door and a window on a house...when you can DEMOLISH THE ENTIRE HOUSE and build a new one! >>>

Damn...I love my Raptor...BUT I HATE EVERYTHING FORD related...starting with ALL DEALERSHIPS ! ! !

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yeah... some of the techs though... would you really WANT them attempting to repair the moonroof? It might take them longer to fix it RIGHT than to design, QA and bring to market a new one!

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’ve said before and will reiterate: There would be a market fore a “moon roof delete kit” - solid carbon fiber replacement panels you permanently affix in place of the glass panels.