2013 Moonroof Repair!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

My moonroof - 2013 SCAB - needs repair. As I did not use it for quite awhile when I pressed the button to slide open the moonroof I heard a crack then when I tried to close it another cracks/snap. Long story short the two brackets left and right and the plastic clips broke. The motor works and the glass is not broken on cracked. Basically all I need is to replace the brackets and the track and new clips. There is a kit for this that comes complete with all hardware. The Ford dealer wants $1500 to replace everything including the glass. This does not make any sense, so I am looking for somebody that has done this before and knows what he is doing. On youtube there are a lot of videos and they say it's a job for no more than 2 hours...but you need to know what you're doing.

I would highly appreciate if anyone knows or lives in the Metro DC area (NOVA) and knows such a place that can do this job!

Thank you all

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that stinks. I have heard that regular greasing is critical for these units. I wish you the best of luck going forward and please share the process.
I think a member on here recently rebuilt his, I’ll search around to find out who

cheers

Reaction score
Hey! That is me. My first shoutout, I'm honored.

Yeah, OP. Shit suck big ole donkey dongs, you could do it if you wanted; but if by yourself, do expect it to be like 6 maybe 3 hours. I changed the hours due to 13 SupCrew. It's much easier now.

I got my parts off of Amazon for like $30. Clean all the rails and tracks with a friendly cleaner and once brackets are removed, generously and heavily apply some thick grease. Check your connections while your headliner is out; blow em out with pressurized air and a bit of lubricant / electric grease.

But for real, if you don't want to do it, we can schedule something where I come up and do it. My wife and I travel up toward that way occasionally and wouldn't mind spending a few days in the area.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Greetings,

My moonroof - 2013 SCAB - needs repair. As I did not use it for quite awhile when I pressed the button to slide open the moonroof I heard a crack then when I tried to close it another cracks/snap. Long story short the two brackets left and right and the plastic clips broke. The motor works and the glass is not broken on cracked. Basically all I need is to replace the brackets and the track and new clips. There is a kit for this that comes complete with all hardware. The Ford dealer wants $1500 to replace everything including the glass. This does not make any sense, so I am looking for somebody that has done this before and knows what he is doing. On youtube there are a lot of videos and they say it's a job for no more than 2 hours...but you need to know what you're doing.

I would highly appreciate if anyone knows or lives in the Metro DC area (NOVA) and knows such a place that can do this job!

Thank you all

I moved out in ’20. My Jen Too moonroof busted in ’18 or ’19, took it to Ourisman, who contracts out to Brown Mazda on US1. The fix worked, covered under warranty.
There’s a shop on US1, Steve’s auto repair who did some quality work for me and a few locals back when I lived there - literally right across from the Mazda dealer and Beyer S00b / volvo. I’ll bet Steve is able to do it and not cost an arm and a leg.