Moonroof won’t seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red19Raptor

Reaction score
2019 Raptor out of warranty

Tried opening the Raptor’s moonroof after basketball, made a clunking noise. So I pressed the vent button, it will go up and down but won’t seal shut. Any recommendations on how to get the truck to seal and I’ll get the repair done later?

My question isn’t the cost or anything, but I don’t have time to drop off the truck. The service department is out around 10-12 currently.

Thanks!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pull back that accordion looking trim and thats where the track etc is. Try clearing it And remove/replacing tracks with the metal ones available aftermarket.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Tried opening the Raptor’s moonroof after basketball, made a clunking noise. So I pressed the vent button, it will go up and down but won’t seal shut. Any recommendations on how to get the truck to seal and I’ll get the repair done later?

My question isn’t the cost or anything, but I don’t have time to drop off the truck. The service department is out around 10-12 currently.

Thanks!
BINGO
1705954375361.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Thanks!
You’re open when you heard the clunking sound was the stiction on the glass to gasket contact breaking the moonroof tracks. You likely have debris in the channel keeping it from closing or it’s not in alignment to be able to close. See if you can position it by hand while actuating the button to close it.

It’s a rite of passage for F series owners to break the moonroof.
200.gif

YelloEye

Reaction score
100% broke one or both sunroof rails. Gotta keep the seals and rails clean and lubricated or this happens. OEM replacements are available on Amazon for $70. If you go to full metal, just keep in mind you've changed what the weakest link is. Not saying it'll break something else, but the rails won't be the thing that does break if it sticks.