GEN 2 Rear Main Seal repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
STHenry

STHenry

Reaction score
I was a bit surprised at the rear main seal as well. I thought it was more like the plastic pan leaking again. Only took it to the dealer for the warranty aspect. Warranty runs out in Feb so wanted to get it fixed before that happened. Never expected it to take 2 weeks though. Thank you for the input. Once I receive the truck back I will keep an eye on it to see if the repair was successful.

OP
OP
STHenry

STHenry

Reaction score
I picked up the truck late yesterday, brought it home and parked it in the garage. They did such a great job that it now has oil coming from two locations instead of just the one. Think I am going to find myself a new dealership to see if they can fix it. Starting to think that maybe I should just live with oil dripping in the garage all the time.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up the truck late yesterday, brought it home and parked it in the garage. They did such a great job that it now has oil coming from two locations instead of just the one. Think I am going to find myself a new dealership to see if they can fix it. Starting to think that maybe I should just live with oil dripping in the garage all the time.
Sorry to hear that. Take it back and make them make it right. Don't enable them by moving on.

Check this thread.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you take it back, you might want to crawl under and wipe it down good, then see if it still drips. It could be residual oil from the repair that wasn't cleaned up completely.
In this day and age, where attention to detail is virtually non-existent, that is just as real a possibility as the former.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you take it back, you might want to crawl under and wipe it down good, then see if it still drips. It could be residual oil from the repair that wasn't cleaned up completely.

In this day and age, where attention to detail is virtually non-existent, that is just as real a possibility as the former.
Make no mistake that idea crossed my mind. Still take it back and make them clean it.
The lack of detail is the whole point.

OP
OP
STHenry

STHenry

Reaction score
Planning on pulling the skid plates on Saturday and cleaning the lower end of the truck really well. I will try and get some photos and see if I can determine if there is a leak where it is coming from. If no leak cleaning should be able to take care of it. Thanks for all the advice.