Multitude of Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLanceVail

Reaction score
I’ve experienced a multitude of problems with my 2017 Raptor. From wheel end issues to cam phaser issues to transmission issues. It only has 63000 miles on it and I’m trying to decide whether to purchase a new Raptor or move on to a different brand. Has anyone been able to get Ford to help with the transmission issues. Thank you

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pictures. Or you really have a prius.

2017 trucks were the first model year of the 2nd gen Raptors and the 10 speed transmission programming by Ford has been panned by many a FRF user. I believe there were 2 TSB or service memos for transmission shifting. I know there was at least 1. I did not have “harsh” shifting, I had a lazy truck that wouldn’t downshift out of overdrive gears 8-10. If I floored it in any OD gear, the truck would not downshift, it would just pour on boost to accelerate very, very, very slowly.

You have to tell the stealership that you have rough, unpredictable or harsh shifts and ask them to upload the latest TCM programming. Don’t leave out the part about the shifting or they will just hook up the s/w unit to the truck and report back it’s most current.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve experienced a multitude of problems with my 2017 Raptor. From wheel end issues to cam phaser issues to transmission issues. It only has 63000 miles on it and I’m trying to decide whether to purchase a new Raptor or move on to a different brand. Has anyone been able to get Ford to help with the transmission issues. Thank you
You had many years to address under warranty?