Molded lead frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has everyone had their molded lead frame replaced? From what I gather I've time out to have mine replaced. Not sure if I would have qualified anyway since the truck hasn't thrown a code since I've owned it, but I have begun to notice some odd shifting when I jump on it.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's perty straight forward to do. As mentioned Fordtechs video will tell you perty much step by step how to do it, I clouding torque specs and such. Hopefully you can get one quickly. I waited months to get mine!

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These days, you have to get the entire valve body assembly which has the lead frame and new solenoids attached. You’ll need to program your PCM for the new valve body strategy using Forscan if you’re doing it yourself. The lead frame has been pretty much impossible to find by itself. Dorman makes a version and I’ve used Dorman parts elsewhere, but wouldn’t trust that in a transmission. I had my valve body replaced last month.

OP
OP
Blu Bug

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These days, you have to get the entire valve body assembly which has the lead frame and new solenoids attached. You’ll need to program your PCM for the new valve body strategy using Forscan if you’re doing it yourself. The lead frame has been pretty much impossible to find by itself. Dorman makes a version and I’ve used Dorman parts elsewhere, but wouldn’t trust that in a transmission. I had my valve body replaced last month.
How much did that set you back if you don’t mind me asking.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@bigrig Part number for my 2011 was FL3Z7A100E. Probably the same for any 11-14 Raptor, but good to verify against your specific VIN. They were available on Ford Parts Giant and Rock Auto. @Blu Bug Cost is about $500+$200 core charge. I actually bought two just to have one as a spare since they go on national backorder periodically and it seems to be about the only thing in the 6r80 that has the potential for crapping out. I’d recommend Rock Auto over Ford Parts Giant. Rock Auto’s core return process is much faster and convenient. Ford Parts Giant took almost a month to get feedback from their supplier that my core had been inspected.

I’m hoping having the latest revision of everything means I have nothing to worry about in the future since my initial replacement was after changing the fluid and filter every 60k miles.

As far as reman units, I’d go new or at least a reman from Ford. That way you at least have a solid manufacturer parts warranty. If a dealership installs it, the warranty covers labor as well. I didn’t bother with the dealer install as the dealerships around me have maybe one transmission tech that’s booked out for a month or more.

Last edited: