Lead frame question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've worked myself into a frenzy worrying about the molded lead frame issue. I have read about the usual cause of the failure and it caused me to wonder if having the trans filter and fluid changed early might lessen the chances of a failure. Any thought anyone?

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've worked myself into a frenzy worrying about the molded lead frame issue. I have read about the usual cause of the failure and it caused me to wonder if having the trans filter and fluid changed early might lessen the chances of a failure. Any thought anyone?
My understanding is it won’t really affect it. The issue is with lead frame components like the speed sensor. I think the only way to truly fix it from happening would be to at least put the foam gasket on the terminals, but you have to take it apart, so might as well change out to the new lead frame. On a side note I’ve been milking mine and have been pushing it. It’s so random and so far I’ve been able to just pull over and shut off the truck, restart and all is back to normal. Problem is it did it to me 3 times last year, and has done it now 3 times this year, so it’s happening more frequently. But I like to procrastinate until it costs me more money to reteach myself a lesson. In fact I still have the fuse 27 kit unopened in my back seat! I’m really asking for it.