Mods you wish you never did

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does sound like there's some other factors involved in that incident. I sneeze, violently and loud, that the owner of the company i work for sends a company wide email about covid rules whenever i sneeze at work.

I'm on pedal setting "6" on my cobb AP and i still think its not responsive enough with a 91ACN custom tune.
You should tryE85 the truck is completely different.

Do you ever turn off the traction control?
Seems to be a little more responsive.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon leaf springs. They were way off spec, each was different, procurement was horrible, parts missing, stupid customer service. Switched to Deavers a month after and will never purchase another Icon product as long as I live.

Also the front runner rack. I already got rid of it. It’s cool and well made, the company is great. As far as an option for over the bed though, after using it long term I realized there are better more versatile options out there.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I think the worst mod I have done to date would be Eibach springs. It completely ruined the ride of the truck. Had to buy Fox Factory 3.0 to restore the ride quality. Ended up working out for the best as the new shocks are much better than factory.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the worst mod I have done to date would be Eibach springs. It completely ruined the ride of the truck. Had to buy Fox Factory 3.0 to restore the ride quality. Ended up working out for the best as the new shocks are much better than factory.
As someone who is on the fence about going Eibach/Deaver or Factory 3.0, what makes you say the Eibach ruined the ride?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
As someone who is on the fence about going Eibach/Deaver or Factory 3.0, what makes you say the Eibach ruined the ride?
It became harsh and bouncy. Instead of the plush raptor ride it became more “sport” firm. It was enough of a difference that my wife noticed the ride was **** and she may be the most non observant person I know.

My advice is if you are going taller in the rear just go with the Factory 3.0. They are better in every way.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It became harsh and bouncy. Instead of the plush raptor ride it became more “sport” firm. It was enough of a difference that my wife noticed the ride was **** and she may be the most non observant person I know.

My advice is if you are going taller in the rear just go with the Factory 3.0. They are better in every way.
Thank you. That seems to be a very common complaint about the Eibach, which defeats the purpose of the Raptor for me. Guess I'll keep looking for 3.0's

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you do the ride height recalibration? I've heard that restores the plush ride.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No regrets so far! I always put a bunch of thought into my mods before making the leap. Thats with any vehicle really.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold air intake. Finally gave up on mine and went back to stock. Got tired of check engine lights and tuning it away doesn't seem like a great solution long term. The OEM unit is plenty good at what it does and I'd rather be able to switch out $10 filters after a hard day of dust rather than going though the whole process with an oiled unit.

I'll miss my whooshy boi but probably better for my long term sanity.