Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

My Raptor Build

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by swedensky, Nov 15, 2019.

1. amREADY

amREADY Full Access Member

If you do the hi lift jack, you'll want to get the Lift Mate. It can lift directly from a wheel. (depending on the spoke pattern of your new setup). Otherwise, you'll run out of jack before you run out of suspension. It also gives you options to lift from a soft shackle on the recovery points or the rear hitch receiver. Just remember - don't use the little hole under the lifting jaw - it isn't rated for the lift. It is tempting to put a bow shackle pin through there and lift from there. There are a few products you can use to help keep things from slipping on the lifting jaw, but the Lift Mate is most versatile.

Great re 37's

With your recovery setup, just double check what the working load limits and breaking strengths are of all your gear. You want to know what the weakest 'link in the chain' is. I like to make my puller, winch, jack, the weakest link. So if it bogs down, the rest of the chain (literally) is still holding strong. And nothing wrong with using steel bow shackles on your rated recovery points, the tree strap or the pulley if you use one (basically, the ends). Use only a soft shackle to connect two tow straps or a tow strap to a recovery strap. If one of those breaks, the steel shackle goes ballistic. And use a heavy jacket, blanket or winch line dampener on any segment of tensioned line. Chain and synthetic winch rope are pretty safe. Wire rope (cable) and rope, not so much.

2. amREADY

I should say, re the fridge, you can configure it to cut out at a select battery voltage. Your food will get warmer than you might like, but you can save your main battery. You'll need a 12v connection that is always hot to connect to your main battery if you got his route. I don't think the stock Gen 2 has one, but is on my list to figure out. I need to run a hot, fused 12v to my main battery to the back seat and to the box so I can plug in the fridge to draw power or solar to add power or both.

3. swedensky

swedensky Member

Ill take a look at the lift mate with a hi lift. Good to know!

My recovery items are now as follows:
    -Bubba Rope Mini Gator-Jaw Synthetic Shackle
    -Bubba Rope 10 Foot Tree Hugger
    -Bubba Rope 7/8" X 20FT 28600LB Breaking Strength
    -ARB Snatch Strap 30' @ 24k lbs & Strap wrap
    -Bubba Rope Soft Shackle, 56k lbs
    -Bubba Rope Mega Gator-Jaw Pro Synthetic Shackles 125k lbs

I want to run an extra battery I think. Better safe than dead and out of power. I do carry two compact jump boxes with me but still...also want to possibly run some sort of heated blanket to my tent lol.

4. amREADY

Sounds really good.