Blue Dino's Raptor gets its wings!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the rear winch and those light bars for backup lights. Glad to see something besides d2's being used ( i actually like that look WAY WAY better then d2s)

PS im pissed you went with all blue, i wanted to do the same! Now im going to be a copycat! ;)

OP
OP
BlueDino

BlueDino

Reaction score
Sounds like u have been planning this out well. Can't wait to see the pics. What is in Kane pa? Is this the dealership. I live very close to Kane. Congrats.

Well my friend you may not think it is, but for me, Kane, PA is THE center of the world as far as Ford Racing and Ford SVT products is concerned.

I first met Ken Zook ( fordfan in this forum) 5 yrs ago when I purchased a 2008 Ford Shelby GT500. While others were trying to rip us all off with thousands above sticker, I got a fair shake with Ken. It was a wacky experience how we met. I actually connected through eBay motors while I was on Vaca in London of all places.

When I decided to get a Raptor, I started looking locally before I realized it was another one of those sought-after vehicles. I went to bed wishing I "knew" someone at Ford, when I remembered Zook Motors in Kane, PA. I jumped off the bed, did some digging in google, and voila I re-connected with them. Ken and Susan are the brother and sister team running the place. The senior is still around as a consultant. Susan was a wizard at getting me a 2013 raptor in record time (one month from order) and Ken was the magician that helped transform it into a flying Raptor. They are quite the team, the whole family is. Best and most honest businessmen you'll find anywhere.
If you meet Ken, make sure you ask him to show you his project Jeep. Well former Jeep, now a Ford. Best ever work in progress.

In terms of planning it was like having a second job. For a month as soon as I got home, I hit the net. Talk about burning the candle on both ends. I have a roots type blower on the COBRA but I wanted something bigger on the Raptor. The specific choice of blower model was Ken's idea. And to make it work on the 2013, a trip to Dearborn was required!

I may go back up there for big mods!

However I've already ordered the first of the next mod wave:
This one I'm doing it myself:
ORP Vertical Tire Bed Rack

One thing I love is that it comes on and off very easily (4 pins).

Need to do it in time for SnoBall 500.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup one of my favorite builds so far. (blue is the best color)

It is only a few ticks away from everything i had planned to do as an expedition build. (I have a shell, wont be doing the SC, and need to figure out complete weight for the right suspension setup)

Other then that this is the closet build i have seen to my goals (front/rear winch being a first i have seen on a raptor)

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I just found my new dealership to do business with. It seems most dealerships around don't know anything about this truck. I will be checking zooks out. Love the rear winch. This is one nice build.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
subscribed and drooling... thanks for documenting your build...
and looking forward to meeting you on the snoball.

One small bit of advice, if you don't already have one, you should get a spare belt to keep with you. Also, you may be able to sell your original 6.2 belt at the snoball.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueDino

BlueDino

Reaction score
Back at the saddle!!

( ( ( HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! ) ) ) :favorites25:

Need to review your posts and answer your questions...

The main one being what's next
So here it its

SECURITY & SIMILAR STUFF

truck comes with OEM security (including the alarm) but I will put in Lo-JAK

In the meantime, I got a gizmo on the tailgate to at least slow down the thieves [ picture coming ]

SDHQ security entry lock plate (2)
You Cant see really the security plates but they are installed under the lock plates - apparently it is REALLY easy to pry under the lock so these plates will again slow down you a bit
raptor1200px_%2018.jpg

SDHQ lock box (conceal) under FRONT seat
This is good for conceal carry or for anything that you want / need to carry with you ( weapons or valuables or medical )
raptor1200px_.jpg

WARNING: this lockbox wasn't RAPTOR specific so it was a little tricky to get it in there...

SDHQ lock box under REAR seat

This one WAS Raptor specific so it was easier to put in, except Ken had to slice up the heavy duty SVT weather pads. It fits nicely in front of speakers and the other stuff. The seat lifts up easily (no clasps) and it automatically locks in the up position till you pull down on the lever.
Theres plenty of room inside box, again for weapons, valuables... right now it has all the manuals, accessories like winch remote grips, etc

raptor1200px_%208.jpg

Worth noticing that white funnel-like gizmo is a little funnel Ford & SVT give you to use when filling your gas tank using a can... The gas filler neck is NOW CAPLESS,
which means that you push the gasoline pump nozzle into the neck and it opens automatically.
When you lift the nozzle it closes automatically. Obviously it uses some sort of pressure / spring to keep it close.
Any funnel that fits would do the trick but I thought it was nice of Ford to think about us... now If I can just keep myself from losing it!
Here's what the capless neck looks like
raptor1200px_%2012.jpg

Please note that while original OEM truck may have taken regular gas, however Whipple recommends 91 Octane for use with the blower (SC)
raptor1200px_%2011.jpg

SDHQ skid plates
Yes SVT slaps on skid plates on the front...
but I had SDHQ skid plates installed front-to-back. And as you can see they are a llittle bit heavier than OEM plates
Notice my new fancy TOW Hooks courtesy of SDHQ when you ask for the option to keep your tow hooks. It turns out for the 2013 instead of sending you a kit to reinstall the OWM hooks, they just give you new ones.
(or was that in the rear?)

raptor1200px_%20(1).jpg

it's been a while - so let me hit enter and I will post more pics
as well as answer your questions and comments --
back in a bit...

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueDino

BlueDino

Reaction score
I love the rear winch and those light bars for backup lights. Glad to see something besides d2's being used ( i actually like that look WAY WAY better then d2s)

PS im pissed you went with all blue, i wanted to do the same! Now im going to be a copycat! ;)

Yup one of my favorite builds so far. (blue is the best color)

It is only a few ticks away from everything i had planned to do as an expedition build. (I have a shell, wont be doing the SC, and need to figure out complete weight for the right suspension setup)

Other then that this is the closet build i have seen to my goals (front/rear winch being a first i have seen on a raptor)

Expedition vehicle may be a good name for it...
In addition to the front & rear winches there is a Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack in the mix
with several accessories - which I will post as soon as I take some clear shots of the whole thing.
I also have a number of other items to reveal.
Would be interesting to compare notes now and as the build goes on.

Don't sweat the copycat thing, BLUE is my favorite SVT color and it so happens this model year's (2013) accent leather seat color is blue instead of the red/orange previously used.

raptor1200px_%206.jpg

raptor1200px_%209.jpg

Subtle but it works real nice specially at night since the lighting for all the knobs, dashboard it's all in the same blue.
By the way there is ONE MORE blue thing coming for the engine compartment, a Heavy-duty Power steering pump reservoir.

The lights as set up are clean looking and behind some protection from stones and a deterrent to sticky fingers. The rear is quite bright and far enough from the new rear camera (inside of the Ford emblem on the tail gate) so as NOT to get washed out. If you replace the bumpers like I did, you'll want to make sure you transplant the rear backup sensors. I've never been a fan but SVT did they homework, they work pretty nicely and just in time. The warning correlates to the colored lines (red/yellow/green) on the big screen for the backup camera. The only time they were kind of useless was when there was a very heavy frost that covered the entire truck in thick ice. If you don't like them, you can easily turn them off from the joystick like (4 arrow) steering wheel control.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueDino

BlueDino

Reaction score
subscribed and drooling... thanks for documenting your build...
and looking forward to meeting you on the snoball.

One small bit of advice, if you don't already have one, you should get a spare belt to keep with you. Also, you may be able to sell your original 6.2 belt at the snoball.

Both suggestions on the belt are a good idea.
Looking forward to meeting folks at the 500.