Its not looking good boys...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may cry.

Truck been in the shop for three weeks for camphaser repair with the updated ones because of massive chattering. They did the replace, still chattering.

They are speaking about possible bad piston or some other madness. Is it possible to get a bad set of cam phasers from damn Ford? What else can be chattering like cam phasers and it not be cam phasers?

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude that sucks. When my cam phasers on my 19' went, they only chattered for a second on cold start ups. If it's chattering more than it's likely it's something else. Kinda silly the shop replaced the cam phasers if they didn't diagnose those as the problem.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How'd they determine piston? They scope it or just throwing shit at the wall with you paying the bill?

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No new updates.

Well it had all the signs of cam phasers and the shop has done phasers before so I assume its all part of the program with them. I have since then looked up engine replacements. I found a shop who has refab 3.5 ecoboosts for $4800...

When they sell these refab or refurbished engines, are they good as NEW?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No new updates.

Well it had all the signs of cam phasers and the shop has done phasers before so I assume its all part of the program with them. I have since then looked up engine replacements. I found a shop who has refab 3.5 ecoboosts for $4800...

When they sell these refab or refurbished engines, are they good as NEW?
Who knows? You would think refurbed block with new pistons, rods bearings etc.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to know the previous mileage on a rebuilt motor… I’d rather have a 50k rebuilt than a 200k rebuilt.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Post up a video. People here are probably better at diagnosing. That sucks though. Did they check the earl?