Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
We explored a new (to us) trail that is marked "designated route" but is not on our Gaia topo map. Turns out it one leg ends at a spectacular box canyon, and another leg winds in and out of about 5 or 6 box canyons. We did it in our RZR, there were a couple of skinny places that might pose a challenge to a Raptor.
Amazing Pictures as Always Sir..Perfect weather now. I want to get out everyday. Yoyr a lucky man having that at your fingertips. Enjoy every moment you Can...I just lost my best friends wife Tuesday, He died 8yrs ago. Enjoy the ride while we still can

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took the Jeep and did part of the White Rim Trail which is Raptor friendly, but then did Lathrup Canyon, and while it was easier than the last time we did it a couple of years ago, I wouldn't take my Raptor down there. There was one big boulder in the middle of the trail, but people had stacked some rocks, so it was easy in the Jeep. Beautiful day.

Attachments

• Trail 1.JPG
    Trail 1.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Trail 2.JPG
    Trail 2.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Trail 4.JPG
    Trail 4.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Trail 5.JPG
    Trail 5.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 19
  • Trail 6.JPG
    Trail 6.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 18

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took the Jeep and did part of the White Rim Trail which is Raptor friendly, but then did Lathrup Canyon, and while it was easier than the last time we did it a couple of years ago, I wouldn't take my Raptor down there. There was one big boulder in the middle of the trail, but people had stacked some rocks, so it was easy in the Jeep. Beautiful day.
Beautiful pix, thanks for sharing

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This week the weather is fantastic (for this time of year) highs in the high 50s and sunny all day. Around freezing at night.

Yesterday we used the Raptor to tow the RZR up to the start of the Mineral Bottom "road". Then we ran the RZR down Mineral Bottom to the Green River. Then went north and into Hell Roaring Canyon where we took a sketchy trail (one quad track) up the canyon past boulders almost six miles. Finally the trail was hard to follow and we were alone so we decided to stop and have lunch. The trail went further, but we will save that for another time. Then we turned around and went up Mineral canyon as far as they let you go. Both canyons we fantastic. My wife didn't take too many pictures because the sun was low and a lot of shadows in the canyons.

Attachments

• Trail 1.jpg
    Trail 1.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in Moab, I know Vegas John is missing me, but I had to get back to "work" traveling the trails in Moab. It's a tough life, but someone has to do it.

Entered Arches National Park from the north and did the Tower Arch trail, then went south on the "sand trail" and then exited the park to the west. Could have done it in the Raptor, but there would have been some scraping, so did it in the Jeep. Never touched a single paved road in the park.

Attachments

• Trail 1.jpg
    Trail 1.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Trail 2.jpg
    Trail 2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Trail 3.jpg
    Trail 3.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Trail 4.jpg
    Trail 4.jpg