Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymare404

Reaction score
This trail is NOT Raptor friendly.

View attachment 354404
My buddy tried to convince me... unsucessfully that a raptor would fit. Did you do the back through trick for the one section after that? Last time I did that trail, our guide told us to back into an obstacle and then pull out so that we wouldnt get high centered. I cannot remember where on the trail it was.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we drove down to Elephant Hill in the Needles district of Canyonlands National Park. It was a 170 round trip so I am glad the JK has a big gas tank. If this trail was closer to Moab I would do it often. Great scenery and several challenges.

This was the first time with the JK and the new wheels, and I wasn't sure my fat a** would fit through the squeeze. The tires on both sides rubbed, but I made it. This trail is NOT Raptor friendly.

View attachment 354402View attachment 354403View attachment 354404View attachment 354405View attachment 354406
there is a video on Youtube of a Gen 1 Raptor going through the slot. It's not pretty

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy tried to convince me... unsucessfully that a raptor would fit. Did you do the back through trick for the one section after that? Last time I did that trail, our guide told us to back into an obstacle and then pull out so that we wouldnt get high centered. I cannot remember where on the trail it was.
I do not back up as instructed (hard headed, do it my way), I make a 6 point turn going down and a 3 point turn going up on the backside of Elephant hill. I only used my lockers (rear only) going up that section so I wouldn't spin my tires.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gorgeous Area, great looking wheels. Thanks for sharing.
New Rzr status check?
There was one in Grand Junction, but they added everything to it they could so they wanted 55K. I want to customize it MY way, so I said no. We leave Moab in about 3 weeks, so it will be fall at the earliest.

I did buy a new trailer that will hold the new RZR and also fit the Bronco Raptor (not at the same time), so I am ready when either one shows up somewhere.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In anticipation of the new RZR and the Bronco Raptor (both hopefully before the end of the year) I bought a new trailer to haul either. My old RZR trailer was too small for the new one, and since I needed a new trailer anyway, why not get one that call haul whatever I want. Like everything else, supply is short, and I ended up with more trailer than I wanted, and way more expensive than I wanted, but it works.
Trailer 5.jpg

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So today we used the Raptor to tow the RZR down to Flat Iron Mesa trail. We haven't done the trail in several years. It is rated difficult in the book, and it was. Normally I don't need to do the by pass on an obstacle, but because we were alone, I used all three that were available. Still there were some good size ledges to climb and go down, great scenery, and we even saw some wildlife.
Trail 1.jpgTrail 2.jpgTrail 3.jpgTrail 4.jpgTrail 5.jpg