Misfires, cleaned MAF and fixed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While installing my UPR catch can and tapping the WOT line I noticed these on the inlet side of each turbo. I remember seeing these in the back of various magazines as a kid but I never thought they actually worked. Much like the stator vanes on the inlet of a turbine engine, I’m sure they are similarly purposed.

The right side turbo intake also has some kind of a mesh liner built into the bulge.

bb4ecdbf27c56add73c11faf939838e5.jpg

55558045c338905172f8dc3af3c7f3f0.jpg

fb25c5e92a1a5241bec2d5fcac5cabde.jpg

Lastly, with clean TIP sensors and my new catch can the truck is running FANTASTIC. I don’t know whether it was the 79° this morning or the lack of oil vapor being ingested, but the truck held max boost (gauge completely full) through the first 3 gears coming off a light. Truck runs like new again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you like the UPR catch can? I was looking at full races.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulled and cleaned the 3 sensors today.
The one under the cover, and the one right before the throttle body were soaked in oil.

Orders a JLT catch can.
Will see if this fixes it.

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the UPR catch can? I was looking at full races.

Expensive... solid piece of kit with all the QDs. I’m not a fan of the friction fitting (nipple pressed into an oring) for the WOT line. It comes with a 90° ball valve drain. No CEL and no hesitation the past 800 miles.