GEN 2 Misfires on cylinders 1, 2, & 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rppr

Reaction score
Has there been a solution to this issue? I just got the same thing this weekend...but added another code after turned off the engine then back on of P00C6: fuel rail pressure too low. The truck eventually started after 2-3 tries. Same cylinders: 1,2,3

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has there been a solution to this issue? I just got the same thing this weekend...but added another code after turned off the engine then back on of P00C6: fuel rail pressure too low. The truck eventually started after 2-3 tries. Same cylinders: 1,2,3
Has the fuse #27 (fuse for fuel pump) relocation been done?

OP
OP
dplakosh

dplakosh

Reaction score
Unfortunate no. It’s been to 3 different shops now. It’s been at the current ford dealership for over a month. They did a cam phaser/timing job because they thought that was the issue. Didn’t fix anything. Last week they replaced the PCM and said that the problem is now worse. They are hoping that they got a bad PCM and have ordered another. Hopefully I hear something g about it this week.

mtnghost

Reaction score
Unfortunate no. It’s been to 3 different shops now. It’s been at the current ford dealership for over a month. They did a cam phaser/timing job because they thought that was the issue. Didn’t fix anything. Last week they replaced the PCM and said that the problem is now worse. They are hoping that they got a bad PCM and have ordered another. Hopefully I hear something g about it this week.
You have a v6 direct injection twin turbo correct? If so it sounds like you have a high pressure fuel system issue. My guess would be a pump or flat lobe. Could also be leaking injectors or carbon build up but my vote is for the pump. Especially with a low pressure code. In @rppr case.

OP
OP
dplakosh

dplakosh

Reaction score
Dealer just called me and said that the wastegate actuator on the passenger side of the truck is stuck which is causing this misfire issue. I have not told them to go through with the repairs yet. They have already misdiagnosed this problem 3 times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter