GEN 2 Misfires on cylinders 1, 2, & 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dplakosh

Reaction score
IMG_6702.jpeg
I have been dealing with some loss of power issues that were related to a p0420 code for a while. The other day while coming down the highway I started getting really bad misfires in my truck. When looking at the codes it says that 1, 2, & 3 are misfiring so the passenger side of the engine. Anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the solution?

I had the cats replaced. Plugs were replaced in August but I pulled them and they looked fine. Moved a coil to the drivers side to see if that loved a problem but still misfiring in the same 3 cylinders. Not sure what to do next. Was going to take it to ford but they are 2 weeks out from touching it. Would like to get it on the road sooner than later. Going to do a compression test in a few. Anything else that anyone can recommend?

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked that the other day and didn’t see any. Also inspected the insides of the boots to see if there was any tracing inside but everything looked good.
The plugs kept cracking like this, for me, not from over-torque, I ended up having to change out all of the coil packs to correct the misfire problems I kept having

Monkish1

Reaction score
How many miles on her? If plugs looked ok, and problem didn't follow injector its telling its only one side of engine. Possibilities include cam phaser or ecu issue. My 2 cents which is probably all its worth. LOL. Good luck, I'm certain you'll get it squared away.

OP
OP
dplakosh

dplakosh

Reaction score
How many miles on her? If plugs looked ok, and problem didn't follow injector its telling its only one side of engine. Possibilities include cam phaser or ecu issue. My 2 cents which is probably all its worth. LOL. Good luck, I'm certain you'll get it squared away.
It has about 107k miles on it. I didn’t move an injector. Just a coil pack. I’m thinking that the one side isn’t getting fuel or spark for some reason. Not sure why. I’ll check spark today. Compression is at ~150psi.

I thought cam phaser was a noise, not a misfire condition.