Phasers Fixed for a 2nd Time but wait......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just giving people a head up.

Early build 2018 802A had phasers replaced at 54K under warranty, they went out again now at 94K no warranty but I called Ford Customer Care and they offered 50% coverage.

I accepted the discount and truck is back with me fixed again, Ford Customer Care randomly called me after the repair had been completed and said they are giving me a 3/36 extended bumper to bumper warranty starting as of right now no extra cost.....

So weird, I know the phasers are a big deal but I wonder what made them give the no cost additional bumper to bumper after I already agreed to the 50%?

Anyways if you have the issue which a lot of us do this might interest you.

OP
OP
M

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you say to Customer Care to get them to offer 50% coverage?
I spoke to my local dealership first and told them I had a phaser problem again and that I know the truck is out of warranty and all but this is a common problem and I had it fixed before what should I do?

Dealer gave me the # said call them explain to them as they have financial assistance set aside for this issue. Spoke to Ford told me to bring in truck to get diagnosed and they would help, they did not tell me how much until after the repair was completed.... Once completed they said 50% which what the hell figured I would take it.

They called back next day and gave me an 3/36 platinum extended warranty bumper to bumper too.

Worth a shot for anyone out of warranty to call and complain (nicely)

shea-bird

Reaction score
Did they not use the upgraded phasers on the first fix? I just had mine done...all phases being done now should have the revised parts...which should not fail (at least in theory)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter