Mint 400 and SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I'd have to agree with the rest of them! Redbull did a terrible job making this! They showed about 2% of what was really happening! Yea they showed the UTV's and some of the limited class but wha about the rest if the classes? Yea truck truck and unlimited buggys are cool as shit and that's what everyone knows but what about the little guys that spend their lives trying to make it in off road racing I really think that they missed the while point behind off road racing and the mint 400!

But it was awesome seeing SVC's name out there like that! It's good to see that there's a racing pedigree behind the parts being made! And you're welcome for the pic!!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being someone who raced this and didn't get covered, I wasn't really impressed with it.

What did everyone else think of the coverage?

I was disappointed that they didn't provide a more rounded coverage of the competitors, especially some of the close racing. they were going for cool camera effects with the helo, which looks neat, but it's basically a series of 30 second hero shots.

On that note though, they could've put a camera on Tavo the entire race, that guy is f*cking nuts.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I was disappointed that they didn't provide a more rounded coverage of the competitors, especially some of the close racing. they were going for cool camera effects with the helo, which looks neat, but it's basically a series of 30 second hero shots.

On that note though, they could've put a camera on Tavo the entire race, that guy is f*cking nuts.

Yeah, he's actually a redbull mexico athlete, so I think that's why he got coverage.

They went out of their way to not show lower classes. I know that during one of the lakebed helo shots one of our trucks was being passed. It was a 4 wide deal and would have made an awesome shot, instead they chose to cut it down to one truck. I think they avoided the other classes so they wouldn't have to explain it. They had to show the golf carts because of polaris.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, he's actually a redbull mexico athlete, so I think that's why he got coverage.

They went out of their way to not show lower classes. I know that during one of the lakebed helo shots one of our trucks was being passed. It was a 4 wide deal and would have made an awesome shot, instead they chose to cut it down to one truck. I think they avoided the other classes so they wouldn't have to explain it. They had to show the golf carts because of polaris.

*golf carts*

I just got this image of some fat guy in a Bass Pro t-shirt holding a beer driving the course in a modded golf cart. nice image...

btw Trey - awesome job out there if I didn't say so earlier. knew several of the folks out there, most DNF'd

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
*golf carts*

I just got this image of some fat guy in a Bass Pro t-shirt holding a beer driving the course in a modded golf cart. nice image...

btw Trey - awesome job out there if I didn't say so earlier. knew several of the folks out there, most DNF'd

Anything UTV=Golf Cart. Price to Fun ratio is skewed towards the expensive.

We got 9th and 12th in TT, but sadly we DNF'd our 7200 truck, and I was in it and made the call. Failure and Trey don't play nice together so it was a tough night...

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anything UTV=Golf Cart. Price to Fun ratio is skewed towards the expensive.

We got 9th and 12th in TT, but sadly we DNF'd our 7200 truck, and I was in it and made the call. Failure and Trey don't play nice together so it was a tough night...

oh. didn't know you were in the 7200, thought you were in the 12th place truck.