Metallic front end rattle issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would the front axles would be spinning in 4A? I assumed they would and that the only thing that engaged/disengaged 4WD on the fly was the transfer case. System would be too slow/fragile otherwise. But I could be wrong.

Davidryan1987

Reaction score
So if I am reading this right the axels should never spin in 2 wd? When I had my wife drive it spun the driveway they both where spinning. I do have a vibration and a clanking noise when driving the truck. Does anyone know the part number to this check valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ZaneMasterX

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if I am reading this right the axels should never spin in 2 wd? When I had my wife drive it spun the driveway they both where spinning. I do have a vibration and a clanking noise when driving the truck. Does anyone know the part number to this check valve?

The part number for the check valve is FL3Z-3A788-A

My truck goes into the dealer this Friday morning to see what the rattling is and to see if the check valve is messed up and allowing my IWEs engage.

And yes, you are correct, the front axles should never spin in 2wd. If they are spinning or moving slightly it means the IWEs are engaged or half way engaged. Im going to hazard a guess and say my rattling is a messed up axle/IWE from them being engaged for who knows how long.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same ****** IWE design as a 2004 F150 XLT.

'17! Everything is so much newer and better! Please.

Davidryan1987

Reaction score
Dealer just called and said they checked out the truck and the raptor edition 4x4 the axels will spin in 2wd. He said something about the locking diff.