Lost oil pressure time to find out why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPP

Reaction score
You said 5000 miles originally and now you say 2000 miles - which excuse would youlike to adjust to; either way, you should be checking your oil at least every 1000 miles regardless of make and model. Most manufacturers consider 1-to2qt per 1000 miles "normal" these days so by waiting 5000 miles you could have been down to your last quart.

Sorry, but unless you can show a decent oil leak as the reason the oil is low, then any damages should be on you for failing to check the oil (and other liquids) as recomended. Without a leak, claiming a design flaw, to me, is rather rediculus; it would seem more of a basic flaw in the owner.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

How would you know if you never check your oil levels between oil changes? I dont see where your dealer acknowledged any design flaw. I see you thinking you heard that, but a dealer is not going to put his neck (and $$$) out and say something like that, he will wait for Ford to answer.

Dude, are you the one drinking my motor oil? Let me restate my concern for you clearly. It’s a brand new 2018 Ford Raptor with ONLY 2,000 miles on it...and it ate 3.5 quarts of oil....and the dealer has already stated “that ain’t normal”. Please find where Ford states that’s normal and acceptable. Why are we talking about Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc....it’s a 2018 FORD RAPTOR that we’re talking about. Also, your copy and paste job even states that 98% of the cars in the survey don’t eat oil....so it isn’t normal! So you can read it...it’s the second paragraph from the end.

Big picture here ladies, my issue will probably be an issue for other owners. Hopefully we can all learn something....and check our oil every 1,000 miles. :happy107: I’ll post the dealer’s finding and fix when I get it.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to open another can of worms , How were these engines with high oil consumption broken in? There is a procedure that if not done in first 50 miles , the rings may never seat right and you will have possible blow by. It has to do with building up combustion pressure so the rings are forced into the cylinder wall.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that thing used 3.5 quarts of oil in 2000 miles you would of had to of seen smoke out the back at some point in time either on start up or driving maybe the thing was low on oil when you bought it maybe the dealer never checked it and it was low from the factory??

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go with the old guys talking about seating rings and checking oil every 1,000 miles.[emoji86][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here we go with the old guys talking about seating rings and checking oil every 1,000 miles.[emoji86][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's worse, though, the old guys who know how an engine works or the 2JZ crew thinking their Ecoboom was going to make big boy power without going... you know... boom?

:flipthebird:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
As you can see the pan has no baffling just completely open. At this point in time we do not know if this is the potential problem or maybe one of many. Engine build is still analyzing the parts and doing some measurements. I hope these help and I have many pics of various parts also.

Anymore news?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I checked my oil level, 17,119 miles, oil changed every 5000 miles, still registering full at the upper dot on the stick. Looks clean too. For those of you counting, that’s 2,119 miles since my last change.