Lost oil pressure time to find out why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rettags

Reaction score
I would like to know what actually caused the loss of oil pressure? I assume there was one since you are saying you need a new engine?

I don't know. My assumption is the oil pressure switch not feeding the proper amount to the engine. Ford engineers are your best bet.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know. My assumption is the oil pressure switch not feeding the proper amount to the engine. Ford engineers are your best bet.

I'm not up to speed on the newer engines but the oil pump is mechanical. The switch is essentially just a sensor that warns you (and more importantly the ECU) that pressure is low. Something else would have had to cause the loss of pressure.

rettags

Reaction score
I'm not up to speed on the newer engines but the oil pump is mechanical. The switch is essentially just a sensor that warns you (and more importantly the ECU) that pressure is low. Something else would have had to cause the loss of pressure.

Not sure either. I think of the switch telling the computer to send more oil and it stopped doing that. Could be wrong though, first time dealing with this type of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPP

Reaction score
My truck is still there. Circus music is playing at the dealership. First they were waiting for the new valve covers...then a gasket....now they need a special tool. Next is going to be special oil.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My truck is still there. Circus music is playing at the dealership. First they were waiting for the new valve covers...then a gasket....now they need a special tool. Next is going to be special oil.

well, it is almost Spring. You wouldn’t want them loading the truck up with winter oil now would you?

:ROFLJest::crazy: I know it seems like this will go on forever but be patient and it will get squared away.

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just notified I need a new motor. Apparently the oil pressure switch is a known Ford issue and they're "working on a recall". Luckily, Hennessey is covering it under warranty as Ford declined to since there was work done to the truck.

Which package from Hennessey do u have? 500 or 600