GEN 2 Long term FMIC owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, wind chill is technically a “made up” number that’s supposed to be the “feels like” temperature to exposed human flesh. Nothing else. It really isn’t even very close to that either.

In some technical applications the heat loss rate must be included as a variable, but it also includes the air temp, pressure, and actual humidity.

The basic wind chill calculation only applies to humans.

Just sayin….
You are right, it’s the evaporation of water from skin. Ever seen a swamp cooler? Same principle

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It runs cooler because I have seen the temps for my trans and engine on my Cobb accessport. I have pulled a boat up the hill in the summer plenty of time to know the temps.
Pulling your boat is nearly meaningless. Hell a 4cylinder ranger could pull it. Not as fast, but would get it done.
Just think about it, you have 100 deg/f air cooling the radiator or 140-160 deg/f. Which one provides the lowest outlet coolant temperature?
No different than the lower radiator thermostat that people swear by. All the lower thermostat does is, start 100% cooling capacity sooner. It does not change the system btu removal capacity or capability.
Heat is produced by the engine, more HP generated the more heat is produced. the cooling system has a fixed amount of capacity. That’s why there is a thermostat.
Ford has made it so when it gets really hot, it starts losing HP, that reduces the heat generated so it balances out and the radiator can keep up. The FMIC changes that balance. You are double dipping, not only are you making more HP, but the radiator is seeing hotter air. It will work in many cases, but when it is hot and under continuous heavy load, you will overheat. Truth…
Figure out how to get more air flow, seal around the edge of the radiator so it can’t get around it, change the front grill with something less restrictive, maybe something can be done with the evacuators on the sides and hood.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive had a SVC intercooler on my 2019 truck for 3 years with no issues, other than i made the mistake of starting with the turbosmart electronic BOV. nothing but problems... stuck open, stuck closed, check engine lights...

The stock one works but you cant vent it back to the airbox, so whoosh noises, which is not good for MPGs.. lol

the turbosmart mechanical one has been great for me for about 2 years.

the shutter fault does not cause the check engine light to come on, and i just scanned my truck today and it wasnt there.. so no biggie..

i think goosetuned doesnt do a stage 2 without an aftermarket intercooler, so perhaps they have seen something with the stock one that stops them from doing that? @GooseTuned can elaborate..

i really can't complain, except it barely fits with my ADD pro frame cut bumper, because i didn't know that everyone made their lower pipes to only fit their bumpers, which seems like it would alienate a lot of buyers, so make sure you get an SVC bumper if you're going with their intercooler... i figured they were all alike and i liked the BOV spot up high in the grill, except all the issues with the EM BOV, maybe because it was up there in sand, freezing rain, and spray off the road...

also... intake charge temps.. ive never seen anything above 140F (death valley, august), and both the radiator and A/C condenser run at much higher temps than 140F, so i cant see how it would affect either, unless air flow is restricted, and in 30K mi. of mixed use offroad, dunes, desert and highway, i have not seen any of these issues..

im going to bed

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive had a SVC intercooler on my 2019 truck for 3 years with no issues, other than i made the mistake of starting with the turbosmart electronic BOV. nothing but problems... stuck open, stuck closed, check engine lights...

The stock one works but you cant vent it back to the airbox, so whoosh noises, which is not good for MPGs.. lol

the turbosmart mechanical one has been great for me for about 2 years.

the shutter fault does not cause the check engine light to come on, and i just scanned my truck today and it wasnt there.. so no biggie..

i think goosetuned doesnt do a stage 2 without an aftermarket intercooler, so perhaps they have seen something with the stock one that stops them from doing that? @GooseTuned can elaborate..

i really can't complain, except it barely fits with my ADD pro frame cut bumper, because i didn't know that everyone made their lower pipes to only fit their bumpers, which seems like it would alienate a lot of buyers, so make sure you get an SVC bumper if you're going with their intercooler... i figured they were all alike and i liked the BOV spot up high in the grill, except all the issues with the EM BOV, maybe because it was up there in sand, freezing rain, and spray off the road...

also... intake charge temps.. ive never seen anything above 140F (death valley, august), and both the radiator and A/C condenser run at much higher temps than 140F, so i cant see how it would affect either, unless air flow is restricted, and in 30K mi. of mixed use offroad, dunes, desert and highway, i have not seen any of these issues..

im going to bed
Yep the stock intercooler is horrible. Stage 2 requires an intercooler upgrade