GEN 2 Long term FMIC owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This thread has really run its course. There are thousands of gen2/3 raptors running around with fmics without issue including me. not sure what science you want as you have lots of real world use to go on.
So... what happened to all the science?

People seem to refuse to believe science and physics. I have done testing on this very subject. Stacking heat exchangers gets dicey when the fin density of the leading exchanger is super dense. This is not the case with these FMICs.

Here you go, sizing an air cooled heat exchanger. Colder air is betterView attachment 405746View attachment 405745View attachment 405747View attachment 405748

FINALLY. Some sciencey stuff.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I would just leave it stock and if anything goes wrong you have the warranty. I believe there's already too many things that can go wrong. Messing with anything that's going to make the stealership void or give you a hard time honoring warranty is not worth it to me.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I finally got the boost leaks stopped, I had no regrets. That said, it was a process and required some iteration. Truck feels faster to me anyway, and it looks good.

I’ve got the Full Race radiator in my garage ready to install in case I have any issues with running hot. That said, I’m in the Northeast, so that is less of an issue.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m thinking... AC condenser gets a part time break for being ... cold sometimes! :)

of course, these are not Fords, and they’re relatively small, with a rather pedestrian use case. Not something you will be desert bombing in, or towing a boat with regularly.
UM,NO!! The A/c condenser is never cold and in fact on a hot day can reach temps pushing 300+ degrees normally if the system is efficient and working well 225 to 250 would be normal on a 100 degree day. All mounted in front of your radiator. The Evaporator is the "cold piece" and it is inside the car. When something "evaporates" it absorbs energy and when something is "condensed" it releases energy. A/C doesn't make cold, it removes the heat energy from the air and then moves it to another location (the condenser) and releases it back into the air. In the evaporator the "coolant" turns from a liquid to a gas (it evaporates) and in the condenser it turns from a gas back to a liquid (it condenses).

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly Old RG . A 100 degree day , turbo outlet temp is 300+Deg 20 PSI at 75% efficiency which is for stock turbo more than likely less than 75% . Charge air cooler has to drop the 300deg and cut outlet temp better than half so 140 deg leaving CAC into throttle body . The Heated air flow from CAC and now the A/C condenser at 200+ deg = Stacked Hot air now reaching Radiator . Most of us don't drive full boost all the time , we can get away with driving in vacuum . So it works . i see FMIC is for full Racing or moderate climate . Still not worth it to me for a minor gain .

1683374707486.png

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After thinking it over a tiny bit, I may have exaggerated condenser temps. I know the inlet to the condenser is carrying refrigerant at those temps but it does get spread across the entire condenser, same as radiator inlet temp being 210 but the entire radiator isn't that hot. Both are releasing heat into the air.

Either way all the BTUs from the condenser are being put right on to the next heat exchanger.