GEN 2 Long Term Reliability 100K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Is there any history on long term reliability on the raptor Ecoboost or ecoboost in general? I will soon be approaching 100K miles where my extended warranty ends. I’m wondering if that’s the right time to sell or do these engine go problem free for much longer? I know the cam phasers are common issues but anything major besides that ?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only one way to find out :) .
I have the same warranty schedule as you but only 43k on mine. I just did phasers, plugs, and rear brakes oil.
At 50-60k i plan on doing:
Tires
Check big batt and replace
Check little batt and replace if needed
Trans fluid
Front and rear dif fluid
Tcase fluid
Front brakes with fluid flush
Power steering fluid
Shocks
75k :
Plugs again
Coolant replacement
Air filter
Induction cleaning of intake valves
At 100k:
Tcase fluid
Check trans
Plugs
Various replacBle bushings in suspension
Brake fluid/power steering
Removing the intake and cleaning any oil from pcv etc.
And repeat.
Truck should get at least 25-35k in that condition even w/ 100k miles with those service records and God willing no accidents.

Last edited:

jorligan

Reaction score
103K miles on my 2018. 2 sets of cam phasors, around 60K and 100K. Rebuilt shocks at 90K (Probably didn't need it). 3rd set of tires currently, Brakes/rotors at 90K miles. Engine uses 0 oil and it is changed around every 6K miles with synthetic.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forgot
To mention i will tune / intercool at some point but don't plan on drag racing it constantly.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
103K miles on my 2018. 2 sets of cam phasors, around 60K and 100K. Rebuilt shocks at 90K (Probably didn't need it). 3rd set of tires currently, Brakes/rotors at 90K miles. Engine uses 0 oil and it is changed around every 6K miles with synthetic.
Bro did you look at tge part #’s for that first set of cam phasers they replaced? Just curious.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve heard to avoid trans fluid changes as long as possible, they don’t need it until 150k apparently? And changing it can cause it to act up.

Truck has been good to be so far. No cam phasers yet but I’m waiting. It’s been through some abuse too but also a ton of highway cruising.

Idk how your brakes have lasted so long! I’ve been through 3 sets in 80k. Must be all the dirt and sand from off-roading

Hell maybe I’m looking for an excuse to buy another vehicle but I was wondering what everyone has experienced and seen

jorligan

Reaction score
I’ve heard to avoid trans fluid changes as long as possible, they don’t need it until 150k apparently? And changing it can cause it to act up.

Truck has been good to be so far. No cam phasers yet but I’m waiting. It’s been through some abuse too but also a ton of highway cruising.

Idk how your brakes have lasted so long! I’ve been through 3 sets in 80k. Must be all the dirt and sand from off-roading

Hell maybe I’m looking for an excuse to buy another vehicle but I was wondering what everyone has experienced and seen
No offroad and all highway miles. Even when I replaced them, they were 1/2 thickness.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offroad and all highway miles. Even when I replaced them, they were 1/2 thickness.
I believe this, I did my brakes all around at 65k and had halfish left with prob 60 percent highway and 40 city and a few offroad events each year. Already had the parts so did them anyway.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
150k is the maximum service interval under ideal conditions, meaning highway miles, moderate ambient temperatures, no towing, hauling, off road, etc. There is no harm in changing it earlier. The issues people have posted are due to the fluid level being incorrectly set when refilled.
Did you have the preventative recall completed? If you did and they’re still fine, it was probably caught early enough to prevent the issue.

It’s an F-150. Proper maintenance is the biggest factor, just like any other vehicle.