Livernois 6.2L Raptor CAI/Tune Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months back, a local customer brought his 6.2L Raptor to us for a CAI install and custom dyno tune.

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1349.jpg

DSC_1340.jpg

In stock form, the truck baselined 326 RWHP / 332 RWTQ. After the dyno tune with no other modifications, it made 347 RWHP / 365 RWTQ.

We then installed a CAI and retuned the truck. With this being the only modification, it made 353 RWHP / 370 RWTQ.

In addition to the power increases, our transmission calibration made it feel like an entirely different truck. Shifts were crisp and firm and throttle response was greatly improved!

Stock vs. Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvtune-1.jpg

Stock vs. CAI & Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tune

62raptorstkvcai-1.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fantastic! Very impressive for tune / intake only.

PS: Embedded videos work a little different in this version of vBulletin (the latest). All you need to is wrap the entire URL from pretty much any video site in [ video ] and [ / video ] tags, and the software will figure it out (minus the spaces). Here's your vid embedded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEioZaL4_9Q

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for providing the baseline and after mods/tune. And getting to see it on paper. It means alot. Keep up the great work

RallyBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That awesome! My wife asked me earlier today if I "planned" on modding my Raptor once I got it. I told her I didn't "plan" to....that was until reading this thread! LMAO

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic! Very impressive for tune / intake only.

PS: Embedded videos work a little different in this version of vBulletin (the latest). All you need to is wrap the entire URL from pretty much any video site in [ video ] and [ / video ] tags, and the software will figure it out (minus the spaces).

Thanks for fixing the video. I copied it from another forum and forgot to change to the complete url.

Thank you for providing the baseline and after mods/tune. And getting to see it on paper. It means alot. Keep up the great work

No problem, thank you!

That awesome! My wife asked me earlier today if I "planned" on modding my Raptor once I got it. I told her I didn't "plan" to....that was until reading this thread! LMAO

:D

-Rick

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great info - thanks for sharing it!

With only 6 HP and 5 lb-ft of TQ added with a CAI it tells me what I already suspected: it's not worth adding it - I'd rather have the protection of the stock air box on this offroad vehicle. I'm sure a CAI is a great option for others but after my CAI experiences (mostly big money for little gain), I'd rather not.

Anyway, what about the 5.4L Raptor - have you done anything with one of those? (Sorry if I missed that thread/post)

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score

With only 6 HP and 5 lb-ft of TQ added with a CAI it tells me what I already suspected: it's not worth adding it - I'd rather have the protection of the stock air box on this offroad vehicle. I'm sure a CAI is a great option for others but after my CAI experiences (mostly big money for little gain), I'd rather not.

Anyway, what about the 5.4L Raptor - have you done anything with one of those? (Sorry if I missed that thread/post)

Any real gains from the CAI itself were taken up by the tuning process. The pic doesn't really show it but a large part of the stock air box is still there.

sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We do have parts available for the 5.4L, however I don't recall ever having on in the shop.

-Rick