Custom ORA 550 HP Tune with only 18 lbs of boost and Trans Tune with Auto Octane Map

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been working on a new custom tune.
I am not one to write "a poem" about a tune or any product, I like to talk details and results and show them to you.
This tune is amazing! let's talk what makes it great:
1- 451 RWHP (obviously)
2- 529.9 TQ
3- ONLY 18 lbs of boost
4- Trans Tune
5- Auto Octane (Only one map needed)
6- Throttle Sensitivity (Set to match Sport Mode)

The timing was setup properly and the spark was actually working 1f642.png:)
No knocking, no hesitation, no misfires, and the truck pulls great and smoothe.

I Put over 2500 miles on the truck, including a few 100 dirt and trail miles with temps ranging from 95 to 100+ degrees.

The COBB Hard Parts made a huge improvement to the truck and was able to see that on the dyno. With the tune fully removed, the truck dynoed at 378 RWHP (No claim that the hard parts made more HP on their own as you need to calibrate for higher air flow). The COBB CAI actually did its job and flowed much better than stock and most of the others out there. the COBB IC was so efficient, we had to adjust the wastegate and pull down the torque a little...

Tune by Matt Robinson (Gearhead Tuning) and it is Exclusive to Offroad Alliance.

Package detail: (For those who are confused those parts are installed on the test truck)

COBB IC
COBB CAI
SCT Tuner
Trans Tune
Tune File

YouTube Vid:

ORA 550 w Trans Tune and Auto Octane.JPG

Last edited:

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this tune better than goose tune? Doesn't gearhead already have a tune for the raptor? I would be interested in seeing a vid of the trans in action. Does the tune take into account for dp and 170 stat? Is this just a "custom" tune for ppl with a stock raptor?

OP
OP
kboom

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this tune better than goose tune? Doesn't gearhead already have a tune for the raptor? I would be interested in seeing a vid of the trans in action. Does the tune take into account for dp and 170 stat? Is this just a "custom" tune for ppl with a stock raptor?
So much going on in your reply here lol.
There is no need for a colder T-Stat at all. I am not using DP's but if I were (Good quality DP's that are designed well where the cat doesn't get cold too soon) will show better results. I plan in the near future to install a good set and try them out. I am waiting on COBB to release their revised DP's. I never tested Goose's tune but I know Winfiled makes good products.
GH has a tune for the Gen2 Raptor, but I wanted one that is done different with more changes that are custom to the package I am working with. We made some great changes and some fine tuning that were needed due to the high efficiency of the COBB hard parts. Please watch the vid and pay close attention to the interview I did with Matt Robinson.

Thank you

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. We are su accustomed to believing whatever "mainstream" Raptor Joe's tell us, we tend to disbelieve actual tests. The Intake is closed and very well sealed with a larger lid and a very efficient and free flowing air filter. That is ideal for turbo applications as it doesn't decrease the air velocity by the time it hits the turbo. The dyno read 378 RWHP with the COBB CAI and COBB IC. Most Gen 2 Raptors dyno at or around 366 and some less. For the truck to get that much more without any tune installed, would have to be attributed to the add-ons. Also, we were logging and monitoring activities while the truck spent 5 hours on the dyno. All this is illustrated and properly stated in the video I posted a link to on here.

So the truck in question was not put on a dyno before the bolt on intake and ic? If that is the case then no one can attest these possible gains to anything. Do you have at the very least a base dyno for this particular truck or are you going off of averages that other truck dyno? The “Raptor Joe’s” as you refer to them have done back to back dyno tests, same truck, same fuel and the intake alone is not proven to add any power.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think i state that it was put on the dyno several times. Why are you so scared that those parts can make more power? Not trying to be rude. I just said it in the reply above that it was. Was it same day?? Of course not. IC install alone took me 7 hours. You are welcome to come test it out.

Actually, you made no mention of what the base, no mods done, figures were. Just that your numbers were good, so it must be the intake. You say you're not trying to be rude, but you come across as a bit of a ******* trying to hawk his stuff and not liking to have legit questions asked of you. I'm not trying to be rude though.

OP
OP
kboom

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, you made no mention of what the base, no mods done, figures were. Just that your numbers were good, so it must be the intake. You say you're not trying to be rude, but you come across as a bit of a ******* trying to hawk his stuff and not liking to have legit questions asked of you. I'm not trying to be rude though.
No worries. Understood.
I was hoping with all the details I put in this post and the video that it would be a very easy to realize that I have those hard parts on my truck. I have zero interest to enter into an argument with you or anyone else and I am also willing to dismiss the possibility that those very hard parts would make more power. However there is no way to achieve those numbers and gains sustainably without them.
I rarely post on here and mainly post in my group on Facebook. I’ve done extensive testing, went through two sets of downpipe’s, two different intercoolers, two different intakes, five sets of spark plugs, a numerous of tunes by multiple people. I know what this truck can do and I’ve tested it well enough for 20,000 miles in one year between suspension and performance parts.