GEN 2 [LISTEN] Presenting the AWE FG Exhaust Suite. Available now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sara/AWE

Reaction score
As everyone is getting their Gen2's ready for the summer, I'm getting a lot of questions regarding Tip Cleaning from AWE customers. We have an FAQ section on our website that covers this and other important questions you might have.

Check out the care and feeding of your AWE tips here:

">

Pro-Tip: Mark the tip location on the exhaust pipe with a Sharpie prior to removal for easy and fast alignment when you reinstall.

Check out our other FAQ's here.

Sara/AWE

Reaction score
FAQ Friday - Anti-Seize

I know this owners group is very likely familiar with this copper or nickel based wonder compound, but for those that are getting ready to install their systems, grab that anti-seize because you'll need it for the threads on the tip clamps! Just a little dab or brush. My Pro Tip: Loosen the clamp and put a dab just below the upper barrel nut, and then work the Anti-seize through to make sure everything is good and ready for install.

screen-shot-2020-06-26-at-6-32-58-pm-png.png

Unlike the clamps on the pipes (60lb ft of torque), the tips clamps are going to be 18-20lb ft. We generally go by feel.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dave, can you comment on the last few posts (I think they are in other threads) on the noise/vibration/drone at low speed/high gears loke being 40-45mph in gear 9 or 10? Is there drone or an odd noise at that scenario? Any chance of a sound clip in that scenario, say 40mph in gear 9 or 10 and then light throttle?

Sara/AWE

Reaction score
Dave, can you comment on the last few posts (I think they are in other threads) on the noise/vibration/drone at low speed/high gears loke being 40-45mph in gear 9 or 10? Is there drone or an odd noise at that scenario? Any chance of a sound clip in that scenario, say 40mph in gear 9 or 10 and then light throttle?

Sorry for the delay in getting back about this as I was on vacation with the fam. Our goal is to address drone on the highway, 60-80 mph, with our 180 Technology. That being said, I haven't noticed anything but a louder exhaust sound, but I'd like to share our clips from our product page:

This is the 2FG interior driving.

This is the 0FG interior driving.

Let your ears be the judge I'd say. This system is meant to be loud but keep the interior comfort. Let me know if this doesn't answer your question and I can call in the Calvary.

recurvehunt

Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone has 2FG system combined with downpipes, and there opinion on having both. I just had stainless works downpipe installed and it didn't add as much sound as i assumed it would based on others review...and still looking for a bit more.

Sara/AWE

Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone has 2FG system combined with downpipes, and there opinion on having both. I just had stainless works downpipe installed and it didn't add as much sound as i assumed it would based on others review...and still looking for a bit more.
I have a friend with an F150 0FG and DP's. He said the DP and 2FG might get you really close to what you are after for not a lot of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_carmody