GEN 2 [LISTEN] Presenting the AWE FG Exhaust Suite. Available now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is very helpful to the community. If this is true is sucks for those who have bought a kit thinking they were getting one sound, but ended up with another. We definitely need more reviews to see how these kits truly sound.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a supercab and it sounds more like the awe video. It is louder on cold starts, and you can hear the shifts or down shifts. But it sounds good at idle and from about 1700 to about 2300 i barely hear it unless the radio is off . That's at driving rpm , then after 4k or so it starts ripping. It's never going to sound like a v8 all the way thru the rpms. It's going to be louder. This is only the second v6 that ive owned , the other being a s10 in the 90s. So it does take some getting use to. I had engine noise coming thru my subs until i turned down the gain on my line converter. After that the exhaust volume dropped way down in the cab.

Jonalvey

Reaction score
I have a supercab and it sounds more like the awe video. It is louder on cold starts, and you can hear the shifts or down shifts. But it sounds good at idle and from about 1700 to about 2300 i barely hear it unless the radio is off . That's at driving rpm , then after 4k or so it starts ripping. It's never going to sound like a v8 all the way thru the rpms. It's going to be louder. This is only the second v6 that ive owned , the other being a s10 in the 90s. So it does take some getting use to. I had engine noise coming thru my subs until i turned down the gain on my line converter. After that the exhaust volume dropped way down in the cab.
Can you post a vid?

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already posted a video at warm idle, the other video says it needs extension, I've tried saving to drive and cloud. Idk

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Hope the weekend was kind to you.

First and foremost -- everything heard in our videos is organic. I make them myself, and the sounds captured are straight from the shotgun mic (model DM-100).

Given that CJ videos (in the past) have featured other modifications paired to our exhausts, I have reached out for clarity re: their videos.

Edit: the trucks also features "Mountaintop Tuning Turbo Exhaust Adapter Kit Hi-Flow."

For those who have ordered through them: we are working with them to get your orders to your faster than the quoted timeline.

Our satisfaction policy: in the event you are not satisfied, you have 30 days to return it. More information can be found right this way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just installed the 1fg yesterday. It sounds like the CJ Pony video and not like the AWE video at all. Lots of drone in the cab and has a terrible blaat sound on initial take off. Once it’s up in the higher rpm’s fully pinned it sounds pretty good. I’ll be switching it to the 2fg version to see if it’s any better. Currently the drone is very tiring driving around town.

Safe to presume your installation is correct and nothing is making contact anywhere? I ask because I myself have driven in almost every situation with the 0FG/1FG configuration that someone could subject their Raptor to (with pavement involved) and it doesn't drone. The science behind it points to the same direction. Possible that it's the fact that it's louder than stock, and you're not used to it?

Also, for those who don't know, when an exhaust is freshly-installed... that's the loudest it's ever going to be. Exhausts "break in," meaning they get lined with carbon buildup, and quiet down.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why is everyone only ordering from one reseller? Does CJ have an exclusive with AWE or are they the only ones that were given inventory?

Because CJ had stock on the shelf upon release. We do that to lessen the amount of lead time for you all since we typically handcraft-to-order. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know I was checking out of this thread, but curiously enough I have to ask... why was there so much enthusiasm based on movie theatre trailer quality cut scenes?

If you just stop and step back for a moment.... folks like me who have tried multiple exhausts know that you aren’t deleting the muffler without major noise. Their H pipe isn’t a muffler. Further, the explanation that their “steel” gauge and quality has unique sound properties is well... I’ll hold my tongue.

In the future to the guys new to the platform.... don’t jump at everything you see posted. There are some tried and true products for the platform that you should stick with for now.

G, steel thickness has a major role in acoustics -- it isn't a secret. Thus why 400 series steel or even thin walled 300 series steel sounds different. Prime example is Ti systems, they're thin, thus they sound tinney and raspy. Material thickness is a contributing factory to our systems reserving their deeper tones.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a supercab and it sounds more like the awe video. It is louder on cold starts, and you can hear the shifts or down shifts. But it sounds good at idle and from about 1700 to about 2300 i barely hear it unless the radio is off . That's at driving rpm , then after 4k or so it starts ripping.

Sounds about right -- i.e. what is heard/experienced in the videos. :driver:

MCM34

Reaction score
Safe to presume your installation is correct and nothing is making contact anywhere? I ask because I myself have driven in almost every situation with the 0FG/1FG configuration that someone could subject their Raptor to (with pavement involved) and it doesn't drone. The science behind it points to the same direction. Possible that it's the fact that it's louder than stock, and you're not used to it?

Also, for those who don't know, when an exhaust is freshly-installed... that's the loudest it's ever going to be. Exhausts "break in," meaning they get lined with carbon buildup, and quiet down.

I’ll double check the install when I get home. The fit and finish is great and the install was pretty straightforward. I have put around 100-150 miles on it, the sound hasn’t changed. I’ve been trying to break in my new deavers so perhaps something has shifted.

My truck is a crew cab and perhaps the interior acoustics are a bit different than a scab. I’m sure the factory axle back portion must change the sound a bit compared to the AWE axle back and tips as there are some kinks and bends in the factory system.

The 1fg is considerably louder than factory at all levels of driving and I’m not enjoying the sound it makes when I’m just cruising in stop and go city driving nor steady state cruising on the highway.

It does sound great at full tilt, I just can’t drive like that all the time.