Life expectancy of 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unclebud

Reaction score
I am searching for my first Raptor, there are a couple 2017's for sale locally, one with 54,000 miles for $54000 and one with 71,000 miles for $49000. Without being able to talk with the previous owner about how the truck was taken care of, is this too many miles or should I be looking for a 2018 or 2019 ? This will be a daily drive for me with lite off-roading monthly.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those prices are a bit much for the miles. Just a quick search on autotrader and found plenty of supercrew 17-18 models equipped well 20-30k miles for 55ish. And thats internet asking price. So should def be negotiable! Not sure where you are located but would consider traveling and road tripping home if necessary. Also found some 2020 supercab's new for same price. Not sure what ur looking for.

If you go used just be sure to get an extended warranty from flood to CYA in case u get one that wasn't cared for and becomes a problem child.

Also don't let new prices scare u off. Not sure ur budget but you can negotiate and find good discounts if u shop around. I got almost 10k off sticker on mine.

Good luck!

OP
OP
U

Unclebud

Reaction score
Those prices are a bit much for the miles. Just a quick search on autotrader and found plenty of supercrew 17-18 models equipped well 20-30k miles for 55ish. And thats internet asking price. So should def be negotiable! Not sure where you are located but would consider traveling and road tripping home if necessary. Also found some 2020 supercab's new for same price. Not sure what ur looking for.

If you go used just be sure to get an extended warranty from flood to CYA in case u get one that wasn't cared for and becomes a problem child.

Also don't let new prices scare u off. Not sure ur budget but you can negotiate and find good discounts if u shop around. I got almost 10k off sticker on mine.

Good luck!
I am located in south Alabama, only searched out 100 miles on autotrader and carfax.com and only found the two that I referenced that were under $60. I don't mind traveling, so will broaden my search.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am located in south Alabama, only searched out 100 miles on autotrader and carfax.com and only found the two that I referenced that were under $60. I don't mind traveling, so will broaden my search.

the prices will be higher in south Alabama....it’s truck country baby!!

Honestly...I think if these engines go to 50k they’ll go to 200k....seems like the major issues tend to occur earlier on

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First off we need to go to Lamberts to discuss this. Need a full tummy for this subject.

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure if you’re up for it but there’s one by miami that is decently priced and equipped. Looks a bit rough cosmetically but the Carfax checks out.

https://www.nissankendall.com/inven...150-raptor-4wd-4d-supercrew-1ftfw1rg4hfa31274

Earlier this year around March/ April in the beginning of the Covid stuff. I saw a 17k in AG with orange package for sub 50. Had like 32k miles and was really well maintained. Just a matter of timing as well.

all the best

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck!

Flood will only sell you a warranty if you have 40,000 miles or less. Otherwise you will have to go 3rd party.

GatorBait

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my 2017 with 55k miles a month ago for $49k with lift, Bedliner, front tint and Venom wheels. Had to fly into Detroit and drive home to Texas.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Miles don’t matter as much as maintenance records. Are the trucks you’re looking at being sold by a dealer? If so, they can look up maintenance records as long as the truck was serviced by a Ford or Lincoln dealer. If it’s a private party, ask for oil change receipts.