Left Sunroof Open Last Night (Texas Storms and Dead Touch Screen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just to confirm. The first video in the post, all of those steps are required in order to remove the touch screen? All of of those dash pieces and center console must be remove just to get to the touch screen right? There is no short cut to only replace the touch screen? I am not concerned with the amp under the console. I just want to make sure removing the console is required even though all I want to replace is the touch screen.

Also, at the end of your video you mention the amp and say "More on that later"
Is there a 2nd video that goes into more detail about the amp and other radio components?

Thanks again for making these videos.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, you need to remove everything to get the screen out. eventually i will go into wiring the oem amp to a processor. the next truck i work on, i will start documenting it

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should've got a scab you can at least park it in the garage lol.... Hopefully you get everything fixed and keep updating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should've got a scab you can at least park it in the garage lol.... Hopefully you get everything fixed and keep updating

Truth be told, if I could have found a SCAB, (2014 with 1500 miles or less) at a good price I would have much preferred it. I think they look way better in general. Truck for truck the SCAB wins on looks in my opinion. Also, my truck is 4 inches to long to fit in my garage. If I removed everything in the garage I might be able to park it diagonal, but that isnt an option really.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truth be told, if I could have found a SCAB, (2014 with 1500 miles or less) at a good price I would have much preferred it. I think they look way better in general. Truck for truck the SCAB wins on looks in my opinion. Also, my truck is 4 inches to long to fit in my garage. If I removed everything in the garage I might be able to park it diagonal, but that isnt an option really.

I shouldn't have said anything about your truck not fitting in your garage... Karma at its finest and this just happened about an hour ago [emoji36] I'm keeping my mouth shut
b7d7a98e683ba35a7a590dff83c7af20.jpg

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't have said anything about your truck not fitting in your garage... Karma at its finest and this just happened about an hour ago [emoji36] I'm keeping my mouth shut
b7d7a98e683ba35a7a590dff83c7af20.jpg

That sucks man. What did that?