Left Sunroof Open Last Night (Texas Storms and Dead Touch Screen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a group of Ford Tech vandals come by one night and install the sunroof when you weren't around?

Actually. No. The 2014 Raptor was very overpriced by dealerships in the last half of 2014. Dealers were asking over $70,000 for a $56,000 truck. I shopped around for a long time. Finally I found a 2014 Raptor with 1,000 miles on it out the door for $56,000. Unfortunatly the truck had a Sunroof. It was eitehr buy this truck with a sunroof for a normal price, or not buy one at all. Now I have a sunroof.

WHen a Ford Tech puts 2 plus quarts to much in your GT 500 Engine, (Then tells you "Oh, that wont hurt it, I think this car calls for 10 quarts" ) or talks to you like a dog, or scratches the car you love, or gives you the run around every time to go there, then ask me about Ford Service.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Natiowide claims adjuster is coming out. There is nothing that says I have to take his money, if he tries to write a check on the spot. The claims guy on the phoen said if I take teh money Car Fax would show a COmprehensive claim has been filed on the truck. He has no idea what details would show.

Im not to concerned about it. I really dont think the value of the truck was impacted here, I just need the touch screen repaired. And I think teh claim should be issued, just to protect me against some freak issue in teh future that could be related.

It is what it is. (Keep in mind the rear of the truck never got wet. The seat backs in the front never got wet. It was the seat bottoms, under the seat, the front floor boards, the head unit, and thats about it. There was overspray on the dash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Careful, sometimes just filing a claim even if there is no payout will count as a claim on your policy. Some will report it and others not. It will show as a $0 claim but a claim nether less and some insurance companies disregard the amount and dock it just based on claim quantity.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful, sometimes just filing a claim even if there is no payout will count as a claim on your policy. Some will report it and others not. It will show as a $0 claim but a claim nether less and some insurance companies disregard the amount and dock it just based on claim quantity.

Thanks for the info. What a terrible position to be in.

File the claim and meet an auditor which should result in a new head unit, screen and seats (Just in case) plus a Car Fax Report. Plus potential lost value on my truck.

Or, cancel the claim and buy the needed Touch Screen or head unit myself. Forgo the chance of car fax getting reported and drive on. In this example I risk the chance of long term damage rasing its head, but I have no claim to fall back on.

I will say I have had trucks and cars rained in before. I have had seats soaked to the bone. Never had any long term damage. I think I will meet with the adjuster and see what he has got to say. If I do any repairs I will be doing them myself. I am not paying someone to replace these simple parts and pieces.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What a terrible position to be in.

File the claim and meet an auditor which should result in a new head unit, screen and seats (Just in case) plus a Car Fax Report. Plus potential lost value on my truck.

Or, cancel the claim and buy the needed Touch Screen or head unit myself. Forgo the chance of car fax getting reported and drive on. In this example I risk the chance of long term damage rasing its head, but I have no claim to fall back on.

I will say I have had trucks and cars rained in before. I have had seats soaked to the bone. Never had any long term damage. I think I will meet with the adjuster and see what he has got to say. If I do any repairs I will be doing them myself. I am not paying someone to replace these simple parts and pieces.

Put a claim on it... documented, and then you know for sure if something happens down the road due to water damage, it will be a supplement. If you're worried about resale, then pay up and be ready to pay more down the line.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look for problems with heated or cooled seats if you have them, the control module under the drivers seat, and passenger seat center console and USB connections.. Unfortunately Car Fax will just say insurance claim water damage and try and sell a car with that car fax.. You also might ask your adjuster if it goes on car fax and you have diminished value, insurance should pay for that also... Here most dealers will not even take a car in trade if it has anything on car fax without a significant price reduction and they mean below wholesale trade..

D

Deleted member 12951

Could do what I did on my Tundra years ago. Got into a wreck, rear-ended and slammed into car in front so both ends were damaged, about $10k. Insurance fixed it and then I immediately traded it in before anything showed up on Carfax. Back then it took 30 days or more to show up (in 2008) Not sure how it is today though.