GEN 1 Sunroof Stuck Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cturnbo

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 Gen 1. Opened sunroof for the first time and now it won’t close. I’m assuming it’s the common track issue but Id like to at least close it until I can get it fixed. It shuts and immediately recoils. Any tips are appreciated!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try closing it without pushing the button so it cloaes on its own, like the auto close. As it gets closer to closed, just barely bump the button so it moves just a little till it closes.

Soinds like the auto close function thinks someones fingers are in the way of it closing

OP
OP
C

cturnbo

Reaction score
Try closing it without pushing the button so it cloaes on its own, like the auto close. As it gets closer to closed, just barely bump the button so it moves just a little till it closes.

Soinds like the auto close function thinks someones fingers are in the way of it closing
Tried your method and it worked. But now it won’t seal. I found a broken part that’s out of track. Working to get it back in but thinking I need to remove the glass to do it. To be continued…..

OP
OP
C

cturnbo

Reaction score
Got it loosely closed. Track is uneven and now missing a few pieces. Taking to dealer or local mechanic tomorrow. So frustrating!

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks , how many miles ? I did routine maintenance on mine to make sure I didn't have any issues, hoping it helped me out. Some of these guys might be able to walk you through fixing it....dealership is outrageous for sure. But I have no idea what it's going to take to.fix yours. @The Car Stereo Company might have some insight

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks , how many miles ? I did routine maintenance on mine to make sure I didn't have any issues, hoping it helped me out. Some of these guys might be able to walk you through fixing it....dealership is outrageous for sure. But I have no idea what it's going to take to.fix yours. @The Car Stereo Company might have some insight
why you gotta whòre me out like that?