GEN 2 Leadfoot discontinued for 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To date only Avalanche Grey is unique among Raptor colors. GT350 and Focus RS are the only other vehicles which could be ordered in AG. Leadfoot could be ordered on ANY F150, not Raptors exclusively.

The RS was stealth grey. It's a bit darker than AG and never has a cream/off white look. Awesome color in person!

tonymission

Reaction score
Believe whatever you want, but Ford has so much confidence in LeadFoot they made it a one-hit-wonder.

Last year at this time there were tons of posts from people so glad they got Avalanche instead of the new LeadFoot. Funny thing is this year no one is talking about Avalanche anymore. Seems it lost its appeal already.

And no doubt this time next year LF will be forgotten and all the posts will be about how glad people are they got Velocity Blue instead of whatever 2020's one-off color is.

LeadFoot is just another Raptor one-off and joins the list of Avalanche, Terrain, and Molten Orange.

People were glad they got Avalanche instead of Lead Foot before Lead Foot was available on the 2018? Or they got a 2017 when the 2018s were already out? Or they bought a 2017 and then saw Leadfoot and then wanted to feel better about the money they spent? People generally buy things they like so it's not surprising that they're still happy with the truck they have in their driveway-- or at least trying to convince themselves that they are.

No one is talking about Avalanche because it's not available. What's there to talk about? I hit up my dealer and said "hey, I want one of those light grey Raptors (Avalanche), find me one". He said they aren't available anymore but I have a Leadfoot and Magnetic coming in a week. So I looked up those colors and told him I'd take the Leadfoot one having never even heard of it before that conversation.

I -- like most people here -- own a big, badass truck. Leadfoot fits the dirty, "military" style dynamic of the vehicle. So do some of the other colors. No way in hell are people going to be dying to get a Velocity Blue Raptor (assuming that's the same blue as the Focus RS. If not, then I don't know what it looks like), which fits better on a GT3 or Huracan ("look at me!"). There will be some, the same people who mod the shit out of the truck and take it to Caffeine & Octane, but it doesn't fit a truck at all. How many Race Red Raptors are out there? It looks kind of cool, but it's not for a truck and most "truck guys" agree with that.

Leadfoot is still a dark gray. It fits. Terrain? Seriously? Who would buy any vehicle in beige (apologies to those that did)? Has nothing to do with being a one-off color, it's just not considered "cool" and never has been. Molten Orange? Again, see a flashy sports car over $200k. Just doesn't fit the nature of the vehicle. Avalanche does and I still see people gawking over nice photos of the Avalanche trucks... probably a little too white for my tastes now that I have Leadfoot to compare it to.

I'm not exactly sure what we're arguing; I guess you're saying that Leadfoot is no more popular than some other colors that didn't really take for Ford. I'm not sure it's that simple... you're comparing it to at least a couple horrible (low selling) colors and another one (Avalanche) that would still sell decently if the option was available. One-off doesn't make it special as we've learned with the two other colors.

As far as resale and how will things go down the road... you might be right, I wouldn't know, but you're going to have larger market for Leadfoot than you would Terrain or Molten Orange. I usually get new cars before the first oil change, but guessing I'll keep this 2018 Raptor for at least 20-30k miles. It checks all the boxes for me and I can keep refreshing my sports cars when the itch comes or the dealership calls with an allocation. :driver: :favorites13:

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RS was stealth grey. It's a bit darker than AG and never has a cream/off white look. Awesome color in person!

Thanks for the correction.

I guess that makes AG only available on the Raptor and Shelby.

PeterVR

Reaction score
TED_2344-5K.jpg

I LOVE mine

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm relieved they're dropping Lead Foot. I take delivery of my 2018 SCREW in Lead Foot in a couple weeks and when I heard the 2019 was coming out with upgrades I was worried about resale value (who wants a 2018 when the 2019 has fancier suspension, etc.). I'm optimistic Lead Foot will be a color that helps retain resale value.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm relieved they're dropping Lead Foot. I take delivery of my 2018 SCREW in Lead Foot in a couple weeks and when I heard the 2019 was coming out with upgrades I was worried about resale value (who wants a 2018 when the 2019 has fancier suspension, etc.). I'm optimistic Lead Foot will be a color that helps retain resale value.
Have you checked resale values of gen 1s? I dont think shocks are going to make a difference on gen 2 resales.

I have a leadfoot as well and certainly not mad they discontinued. It's one of those look love it or hate it colors, but one thing is for sure there will be lovers of it when it comes to sell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't see any color affecting resale value too much. Based on looking at gen 1s, they all end up depreciating about the same. The main thing that affected the value was the updates Ford made to interior between '12 and '13 Raptors. I noticed the newer nav screen made the 13-14 Raptors worth about 2-3k more than a similar 10-12 version. All the other options like color, decals, beadlocks didn't really add much. In my area, I saw a 2010 6.2 supercab with every option ticked (moonroof, nav, graphics, molten orange, luxury) and a window sticker of 50k selling for maybe 1-2k more than another supercab in similar miles and condition and base sticker of 41k. The 6.2 did help with resale value but not adding any more over the 3k that it cost as an option. It did make it sell quicker though from what I noticed
But who knows, the gen 2 might be a different animal