GEN 2 Leadfoot discontinued for 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is news that I was not pleased to hear. I think the Leadfoot is the best color available on the Raptor and was planning on getting a 2019. Now I need to decide to go with the color or the upgrades of the 2019.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lead foot isn't on the same level as Nardo. I'm a grey/silver fan and find Lead Foot horrible in person. Way to much green/brown in the light. I can't think of a grey or silver I've ever disliked on a vehicle I've owned. I had high hopes on the color and even ordered my 18 in it. I'm so glad I saw one in person and was able to switch my order before it was locked in.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LF looks better in pictures, but I do not like it in person. I went with Magnetic instead, as it matches all of the trim pieces on the rest of the truck. The trim pieces are slightly flatter, but from a distance it all blends together very nicely.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Lead Foot when I saw it, but it has grown on me and I like it now.

With the said, it is entirely possible my subconscious is tricking me into liking it since I own it and perhaps if I had a different color, I still wouldn't be a fan.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
LF looks better in pictures, but I do not like it in person. I went with Magnetic instead, as it matches all of the trim pieces on the rest of the truck. The trim pieces are slightly flatter, but from a distance it all blends together very nicely.

[/quote My thoughts about the Magnetic as well, but starting to think the trim pieces in black would be a great contrast...

Last edited:

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leadfoot actually looks better when its dirty.
Saw a clean new one at the dealer and wasn't impressed but then I saw a nice dusty used one on the street and it made me jealous

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is news that I was not pleased to hear. I think the Leadfoot is the best color available on the Raptor and was planning on getting a 2019. Now I need to decide to go with the color or the upgrades of the 2019.

I was sitting in a Leadfoot Raptor today at my dealer. I almost chose that color, but went with black.

LFGen2

Reaction score
Depends on when you sell. "Primer gray" is definitely the color of the moment and most manufactures have jumped on the bandwagon. But trendy things tend to get saturated and become uncool after a while. 10 years from now there is a good chance these non-metalic grays will look very dated. For long-term appeal it's best to stick with traditional colors that never go out of style. But if you plan on flipping in 2-years, it will be a selling point.

well seeing as how its only on the 2018, it wont be saturated in the market thats actually relevant to its resale. 10 years from now my lead foot will look mint underneath its xpel stealth.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was sitting in a Leadfoot Raptor today at my dealer. I almost chose that color, but went with black.

Nice.

#blackraptorsmatter

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

well seeing as how its only on the 2018, it wont be saturated in the market thats actually relevant to its resale. 10 years from now my lead foot will look mint underneath its xpel stealth.

10 years from now, my black will probably need bondo and definitely a respray from 10 years of sand blasting, pinstripes, and 'oops'.