GEN 2 Kooks Mid Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you by any chance buy at American Truck. I did and had a great deal on Black Friday. Agree... assuming it will fit as their sites says for the SCrew.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Whipple tuned.

Yep, American Trucks Black Friday, smoking deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here!

I will certainly let you know what Kooks or American Trucks say when they get back to me. Have you opened the box yet? Does yours come with any hardware other than the clamps? Any bolts/nuts/washers? If not, I know you will have to get longer bolts to fix it to the stock downpipes.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will certainly let you know what Kooks or American Trucks say when they get back to me. Have you opened the box yet? Does yours come with any hardware other than the clamps? Any bolts/nuts/washers? If not, I know you will have to get longer bolts to fix it to the stock downpipes.

Info: Thanks!

Bolts: i have not checked. I’ll have a look tonight.

I got both the Kooks green cat down pipes and mid section with resonators.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Info: Thanks!

Bolts: i have not checked. I’ll have a look tonight.

I got both the Kooks green cat down pipes and mid section with resonators.

I snagged the green downpipes too, but was going to run the catback for a while first before I did the downpipes. Yep, got the one with resonators too. I hope they sound good.

AT got back to me, they are waiting on Kooks to respond.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American Trucks got a hold of Kooks and Kooks will be sending me the proper pipes that will fit my SCREW. Will update when it gets here. I am very satisfied with American Trucks customer service. Can’t wait to get this installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Did they mention different part numbers? Seems that I need to get in touch with them too.

EasyAllin

Reaction score
I bought there green catted down pipe and mid pipe for my 18 screw and it wouldn't fit, KOOKS had my exhaust guys send them pics and they had me send it back for a full refund and said there were some changes in 18 VS 17. That was a couple months ago now but KOOKS is an awesome company and they truly stand behind there product!

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Did they mention different part numbers? Seems that I need to get in touch with them too.

No mention on the part number. It was a quick call. Once I get the new parts I will let you know what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought there green catted down pipe and mid pipe for my 18 screw and it wouldn't fit, KOOKS had my exhaust guys send them pics and they had me send it back for a full refund and said there were some changes in 18 VS 17. That was a couple months ago now but KOOKS is an awesome company and they truly stand behind there product!

Good to know they gave you a full refund, but I had not heard any changes between 18 and 17 models. Strange. Did you go with just he downpipes? Or did you put on another catback/midpipe?

Exhausts are so hit and MISS with these trucks, I am still not sure I am going to like the Kooks. I'll give it some time though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc