GEN 2 Kooks Mid Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the instructions for it? Part of my problem is I don’t. If I am supposed to cut the stock exhaust, I have no idea where.

Unfortunately I don’t have either. Nor does the Kooks website. I was hoping it was going to be straight forward but guess it might not be. Unfortunately and kind of unexpected of a premium brand like Kooks.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Whipple tuned.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t have either. Nor does the Kooks website. I was hoping it was going to be straight forward but guess it might not be. Unfortunately and kind of unexpected of a premium brand like Kooks.

I agree. Did you get any hardware with it? I got three sets of their clamps, but not new bolts/nuts. The stock hardware from the downpipe to the catback is too short to fit the Kooks. I had to go to Home Depot to get some that would fit. I thought maybe the hardware and instructions fell out of the box or something...

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just have the Kooks downpipes, or you also have the Kooks midpipes? The Kooks downpipes have a longer section? Is it not needed if you attach Kooks downpipes to the stock catback?

I think the downpipes must come with the midpipe? whatever was in the box went from the turbos to just behind the transmission crossmember. one of the pipes through the crossmember was short and didnt reach the resonator pipe without the long clamp/adapter.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the downpipes must come with the midpipe? whatever was in the box went from the turbos to just behind the transmission crossmember. one of the pipes through the crossmember was short and didnt reach the resonator pipe without the long clamp/adapter.

Midpipes are separate and Kooks doesn’t say anything about requiring the downpipes for installation of midpipes. This set is likely for a Scab and would fit without any modification or cutting on a Scab. No word if Kooks makes this for a Screw. I am still waiting on callbacks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get a good deal, but if it doesn’t work... not quite such a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you by any chance buy at American Truck. I did and had a great deal on Black Friday. Agree... assuming it will fit as their sites says for the SCrew.