GEN 2 I'm a little concerned with these Gorilla Lug Nuts, they don't seem wide enough. Anyone else try these on OEM wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that exact splined set. Thought about replacing the silver lug nuts that came with my Method wheels with the black ones, but had the same concerns as you. I just kept using the silver ones.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched my OE lug nuts out for standars that have a similarly small taper seat as the Gorilla. I even asked the tire shop if they were o.k., they confirmed good. I looked at the lug nuts on my Jeep, and dug up an older set from my FS Bronco and they were the same seat size as the new ones, so I wouldn't worry about it. The OE lug nut size only fit the OE wheels, as aftermarket wheels have a smaller taper hole machined in them, so if Method et al are using the shallower taper, should be good.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those are for aftermarket wheels that require thin walled lugnuts. You need the Gorilla ones that are the stock replacements in black chrome that do not have those crappy oem caps.
The part you need is: 61148FSBC (need 24)

jprovence

Reaction score
+1 for McGard. They have a lifetime warranty against rusting, pitting, breaking. They have a machined seat that acts like a washer and doesn't allow the wheel to get marred while delivering a perfect torque value. Had them on my last truck. Getting for my Gen2.
IMG_3743.jpeg

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
+1 for McGard. They have a lifetime warranty against rusting, pitting, breaking. They have a machined seat that acts like a washer and doesn't allow the wheel to get marred while delivering a perfect torque value. Had them on my last truck. Getting for my Gen2.
View attachment 439797
Those look thin compared to the stock cone.