GEN 2 Kooks Mid Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys happy with the sound now that the pipes have a few miles on them?

I’ve been a slacker and have not yet installed the mid with resonators. (Kooks).

So far (see sig) I like the sound and the feedback from others is good too. Definitely louder on WOT than stock. As soon as I have it installed I’ll post my opinion. (Huge disclaimer there).

I’m realistic it won’t sound like a V8 and I don’t care (critics: I drove one before so I do know). I just want to make it sound like a mean 6TT. Basically matching the sound with the performance. [emoji6]

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. HF & VHF Connected.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the mid-pipes installed )after having the Kooks downpipes (with cat) already done earlier. Like the sound. Very much a low rumble on idle and low RPM. (No not the sequence of a V8 but similar deep tone.) Love how the loudness increases with more throttle. Slightly louder than stock on a 65 mph cruise but a LOT louder on WOT.
Noticed a mild drone on a small range around 26-2800 rpm but that’s outside my cruise range.

Very happy with the choice. Not the cheapest but great quality. 145a38aa3a06289722731004ab474f4e.jpgf139088ff434090ea94eefd21412e0ab.jpg

At convenience I’ll make a recording but a heads up, those always sound compromised vs the real thing.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. HF & VHF Connected.