GEN 2 Kooks Mid Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS says they deliver the parts to fix this tonight. I hope to get out there and put this on once they get here. Rain coming next few days and I want this truck back working ASAP. Will post pics of extension pieces and updates later.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initial response from AT is that my party’s are fine. I question that as you and I had same part numbers. Asked for another confirmation and referred your details.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Whipple tuned.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initial response from AT is that my party’s are fine. I question that as you and I had same part numbers. Asked for another confirmation and referred your details.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Whipple tuned.

Interesting. Maybe if you lay out your parts to make sure they will fit, it will tell you. When I get the replacements I’ll send you pics. Should be able to tell if you have the correct ones after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got two extensions. They worked. Installed perfect. They are extensions from a Coyote F150 exhaust. With resonators, it’s not too loud. I like it so far. Will post a video clip when it breaks in a bit more.

af8cca44b98b0fb42340786326d99271.jpge6ba2ff93c9529089ac5f7e0bdfb00ca.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more notes...

Install went fine with the necessary extension pipes. New pieces came directly from Kooks, see the pics on the post. Part number is there as well. They didn't give me the hardware but I had purchased stuff from Home Depot that worked fine. For my complete kit, I had the two mufflers, two straight extensions (new pieces), two more extensions (these have a bend in them and one has a hanger), two resonator pipes (these bolt to each other, one has a hanger), and the necessary clamps (4 sets of two). Total of 8 sections of exhaust pipe.

The only issue I had was getting it all seated, it was just a little extended when I went to put the stock tail pipes back on. I had to loosen all clamps, and use a rubber mallet to get it forward enough. Worked fine. I also dropped the spare tire to do this. That helped more when I was removing the stock exhaust. If you have age or mileage on the truck, You are going to need the room to get those tail pipe sections off. And I spent a little time reapplying a coat of Amsoil HDMP to some of the metal under there. Next year I am going to Por15 the rear axle. I hate Ford allows these pieces to just rust.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My missing pieces are arriving Tuesday.

How long did it take you to do this operation? Did you do it from the ground or do you have a bridge? (I have not). Do I read it correct you dropped the entire exhaust? How hard was it to figure out to determine where the cuts needed to be made.

I’m handy but this is my first time as you can tell by the questions. [emoji6]

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. HF & VHF Connected.

OP
OP
J

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took about an hour to get the stock exhaust off. Mine was really on there. The tailpipe sections were stuck pretty bad. Put some penetrator on the connections the night before. No cutting necessary. I lowered the spare tire too. Gave me much more room.

I did it in the driveway, I used ramps and backed the truck up on them. You might not even need that. There is enough room. Install was much faster with the nice new pieces. Should take 2, maybe 3 hours start to finish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Tnx. No cutting! Somewhere I remembered to have read it required cutting the original exhaust (back part). I think it was in the site where I bought it. Glad that is not the case!

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. HF & VHF Connected.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running Whipple Stage 1 on a ‘17 Screw with Kooks Green Catted Down pipe and SPd turbo adapters. Would love to hear some videos and impressions of how this Kooks mid pipe with resonators sounds added to my set up. I gained quite a bit of volume and rasp under load.

Are you guys happy with the sound now that the pipes have a few miles on them?

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running Whipple Stage 1 on a ‘17 Screw with Kooks Green Catted Down pipe and SPd turbo adapters. Would love to hear some videos and impressions of how this Kooks mid pipe with resonators sounds added to my set up. I gained quite a bit of volume and rasp under load.

Are you guys happy with the sound now that the pipes have a few miles on them?

I have Kooks catted dp's and spd turbo adapters, I later added a large 3" magnaflow dual in/out muffler in place of the stock muffler and now it is deeper, no rasp, and actually a little quieter at WOT.