Kill Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suppose saying that a tuner can do the same thing, that would be inconvenient to do it every time you shut down and park for a few minutes. On the Gen 1 trucks, I accidentally found a fuse that I pulled during lighting installation that disabled the truck permanently and it was wild trying to figure that one out.

Haven't come across that in the Gen 3 yet.

Reaction score
Living in Houston it’s nearly guaranteed it’ll be stolen at some point. I’d rather it not, obviously.
That’s why I had one installed. Two stolen from my apt complex and I didn’t want the hassle of going through insurance, ordering and waiting for another one if stolen. For anyone in Houston I recommend Houston Car stereo. Not a typical switch but can be enabled / disabled with an app and you can see where the vehicle is at all times.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still don't understand the need for a kill switch. That's what insurance is for. I could literally care less if it was stolen.
Insurance doesn't cover the small extras you put into the truck and paying the ADM for a new truck. Then add in finding a new truck and the time spent driving a rental. It seems pretty easy to just simply use a cheap kill switch to avoid this from happening and have the thieves move on to the next target.

I've seen some clever kill switches recently. One of my favorites uses the standard headphone jack (1/16") and wires a shutoff to the fuel pump. Plug in a set of headphones you complete the connection and the fuel pump turns on. I don't think anyone was really using the actual headphones but more likely the male end clipped with it making the connection.

I looked into this heavily and just decided to shell out the cash for a Ravelco. It was $750 installed in my driveway. Does more than just cut power or fuel. It does a combination of things that really would take a long time with the hood open to figure out whats going on.

Last edited:

Digipax

Reaction score
That’s why I had one installed. Two stolen from my apt complex and I didn’t want the hassle of going through insurance, ordering and waiting for another one if stolen. For anyone in Houston I recommend Houston Car stereo. Not a typical switch but can be enabled / disabled with an app and you can see where the vehicle is at all times.
So if I were to call Houston Car Stereo what is the name of the product you chose to have installed?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Insurance doesn't cover the small extras you put into the truck and paying the ADM for a new truck.
Neither does selling it.
Then add in finding a new truck and the time spent driving a rental.
You assume the gentleman doesn’t have a second vehicle to get by.
It seems pretty easy to just simply use a cheap kill switch to avoid this from happening and have the thieves move on to the next target.
Perhaps…