KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boy FRF has changed. His raptor isn’t that modified yet folks here are saying its heavily modified. He did the rear end. The stock GEN2 rearend absolutely sucks when off-roading and needs an upgrade. I personally wouldn’t run 37’s after I switched on my GEN1 but a lot of folks do and run it. You say he beats on his truck, he does not watching his videos. They mark the trails, know the limitations of the truck and slow down as needed.

There seems to be something wrong with the EPAS steering under certain conditions and hopefully Ford gets to the bottom of it.

Doesn't need to be "heavily" modified. Modifying suspension components is very significant when its accompanied by suspension related issues. I don't think you'd see much "change" in FRF if Ford voided his power train warranty because he added springs. The type of mod coupled with the type of issue he's having isn't a trivial detail.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Boy FRF has changed. His raptor isn’t that modified yet folks here are saying its heavily modified.

Lots of hyperbole flying, for sure. If Julio came off more like a stand up guy and less like a whiny little boy, he'd probably get a lot more support. He screwed up, wants to blame someone else, and he wants someone else to pay for it. It's not a good look. The classic bottom feeder. And it's part of a pattern, this being the third time. I think a lot of the negative commenters are taking that into account. I know I am. I could see Ford being willing to help get to the bottom of it if Julio was willing to pay for tech time and parts. Maybe even at cost. It is in their interest to figure out what's happening. But instead Julie is talking buyback and trashing them on YT. He's going to get his assets handed to him. Sometimes a particular person's sole reason for existence is to serve as an example for others. That seems to be the case here.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne , you really need to get off your Ford fandom and think logically.

This topic is not manufacturer specific; it applies to the entire industry. I say the same thing when I see some idiot on FB complaining about a steering oscillation on their Wrangler with a lift and 37” tires. Logic states that if the concern doesn’t exist in stock form, and the concern occurs after performing modifications, the concern is related to the modifications. What part of that is so confusing to you?

Software has bugs, products have issues. Before judging or blaming the consumer for the issue (typical Ford attitude, by the way), why not find the root cause first and after that make the call?

So you want Ford and the dealer to diagnose and engineer a fix for a concern that only affects trucks that have been modified? Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds? All diagnostics are based on factory vehicles; it’s not possible for the dealer to diagnose the issue when there are unknown variables. It’s not a “software bug” if it only affects modified vehicles.

If OEMs did get involved with attempting to resolve issues caused by aftermarket modifications, that would involve the cost to fly engineers out to analyze the issue and attempt to find root cause, then spend the R&D money to develop a software or hardware fix which typically takes months at minimum, and then the resources to produce/manufacture and publish said fix. At which point the customer would have already had the vehicle repurchased for time out of service or repair attempts, and may have filed a lawsuit. Which of course then opens the company up to further liability, as lawyer could claim that the OE knew this issue would occur, hence why they are developing a fix.

And guess who absorbs the cost of the warranty expense, buyback expense, engineering and manufacturing expense? We do, the consumer. It gets reflected in the price of the new vehicle.

You haven't seen dudes truck, you don't know if there is a manufacturing defect.

“Manufacturing defects” do not include as concerns that arise due to aftermarket modifications. I don’t need to see the dude’s hacked up truck; he modified his vehicle outside of factory configuration and now it has the issue. That’s on him, nobody else.

By your logic, people should buy their Raptor, wrap it in protective film, and drive only to the grocery store and back to keep warranty intact. Nonsense.

Whether the issue is warranty or not depends on the issue. Plain and simple.

No, my logic states that if you modify a vehicle from its factory configuration and you then have a problem related to the system you modified, it’s on you to resolve it. Most people call that logic common sense.

Before making any additional comments on warranty, you might want to read your warranty manual included with your vehicle.

“Under your New Vehicle Limited Warranty if:
- your Ford vehicle is properly operated and maintained, and
- was taken to a Ford dealership for a warranted repair during the warranty period,
then authorized Ford Motor Company dealers will, without charge, repair, replace, or adjust all parts on your vehicle that malfunction or fail during normal use during the applicable coverage period due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Lots of hyperbole flying, for sure. If Julio came off more like a stand up guy and less like a whiny little boy, he'd probably get a lot more support. He screwed up, wants to blame someone else, and he wants someone else to pay for it. It's not a good look. The classic bottom feeder. And it's part of a pattern, this being the third time. I think a lot of the negative commenters are taking that into account. I know I am. I could see Ford being willing to help get to the bottom of it if Julio was willing to pay for tech time and parts. Maybe even at cost. It is in their interest to figure out what's happening. But instead Julie is talking buyback and trashing them on YT. He's going to get his assets handed to him. Sometimes a particular person's sole reason for existence is to serve as an example for others. That seems to be the case here.
Apparently it was doing it when it was stock too from what I read. And we watched a different video because what I watched I never thought what you described about the guy.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently it was doing it when it was stock too from what I read.

If it was, why didn't he take it in and have it fixed? If your steering was acting up, would you modify the front suspension before it was sorted out? I make jokes about this guy being stupid, but I don't really think he's THAT stupid. He mods vehicles all the time. He hangs out with people who mod vehicles all the time. They all break stuff. You don't think they talk about how mods affect warranty? Ever? So it sounds to me like lying after the fact, trying to get Ford to pay for it. I could be wrong, I wasn't there. But there are only two options. Stupid and dishonest. Or maybe three, since both is still on the table. Neither isn't.

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently it was doing it when it was stock too from what I read. And we watched a different video because what I watched I never thought what you described about the guy.

Yeah. That claim has been covered too. He’s either FOS or incredibly stupid for modding what was a warrantable issue. Maybe both.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine came with upgrades from the previous owner. Bought the truck new though. This is the way.:D
I buy everything used. But prefer lower mileage and high capability.