KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head with that one. You might be my favorite EE.

How do we begin to define what is its limits and how can the public determine how hard to push?

Finding limits is easy. When you exceed one, something breaks. Don't push quite so hard next time. Seriously, if you're going to drive the Raptor hard, you're going to break stuff. It's part of the game.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finding limits is easy. When you exceed one, something breaks. Don't push quite so hard next time. Seriously, if you're going to drive the Raptor hard, you're going to break stuff. It's part of the game.

I really don’t disagree. I have no warranty, and I am out here to have fun, if a break something it is on me.

I am just asking about how the promo video looks for the raptor and then if customers drive like that will the be denied?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really don’t disagree. I have no warranty, and I am out here to have fun, if a break something it is on me.

I am just asking about how the promo video looks for the raptor and then if customers drive like that will the be denied?

Hell yes. TV isn't real. Even back in the 60s, it wasn't real. And notice the weasel words. "Professional driver", "Closed course", etc. Then you get camera angles and post processing involved. It's all make believe. Now if you're good enough to drive it like that and not break it, then it's covered. ;)

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok big picture! (IMO) the guys an idiot. We all know we pay to play! You mod it from stock it’s on you when something goes wrong and you can really prove it has nothing to do with your mods!

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you read any of what FordTechOne wrote? Admittedly, he was a little harsh, but the stealership here should never have tolerated this many mods + the public level of use he put on the truck.

Haha! I love it that FordTechOne got a little bug up his you-know-what on this! It was the reason I kept reading on to see what else he would blast. FTO knows his stuff.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also want to add that BJ Baldwin said he could destroy his trophy truck in about 10 minutes if he wanted to so driver ability, preference, etc does play into it, but what is considered actual abuse on a vehicle marketed as a “high speed” off road vehicle?

You have a great point here, if you come in at 70 into washboard/braking bumps and jam the brakes...who’s raptor isn’t going to shake the wheel!?? Brake softer or sooner
The dude is a bad driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Swapping to stock is definitely dishonest, but I find this a little odd:

Every other thread on this forum: "Make sure you switch back to stock before service to not void your warranty."

This thread: "What a disgusting man for lying to Ford by switching back to stock!"
Maybe, but you know the first rule of fight club...don't talk about fight club on youtube.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So, I just caught up. As the saying goes, if it has **** or tires, you're gonna have problems with it. I just wish my wife would shake her a ass like the steering wheel in that vid.:( And if you ever mod your vehicle or wife, your problems will only be bigger. :hat:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you use some simple googlefoo on Ford electric steering, "how it works" and "problems", this issue doesn't come up. There ARE issues with other vehicle types (cars-SUVs) where the Ford EPAS electronics can fail due to excess heat and from faulty steering torque/angle sensors. In at least one case the steering is driven hard off-center by the failure causing an accident. My hypothesis for the posted problem, since it goes away almost immediately, is the steering angle /torque sensor (SAS) on the steering shaft is losing communication to/from the motor drive board mounted inside the case on the rack during the extreme high amplitude vibrations. Basically loose wire/connections, or another faulty SAS. It's the type of thing that will never show up on a scan tool or test drive unless the truck is subjected to the actual vibration scenario.

This is the problem here... how does it get fixed?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i mean... Ford also showed their all electric F150 pulling 1,000,000 lbs. you’re telling me that if someone is dumb enough to attempt it and it breaks, it’s on Ford?