KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Swapping to stock is definitely dishonest, but I find this a little odd:

Every other thread on this forum: "Make sure you switch back to stock before service to not void your warranty."

This thread: "What a disgusting man for lying to Ford by switching back to stock!"

That is definitely true when it comes to tunes. And in every thread other people point out that Ford can detect it. It is easy to call someone else out. But it's so much easier when they act like a moron. And then when they act like an entitled whiner who appears to be a serial fraud, it's irresistible. :D I've never done either, so I'm calling Julio out with a clear conscience. I'm sure he's great to have a beer with, but I sure wouldn't want him to marry my sister ...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lot's of judging going on in this thread. I guess the question is, can ford find the problem and fix it?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
No, the question has nothing to do with Ford and everything to do with the chubby guy(?). If the problem was rampant within the Ford lineup then it would likely be a Ford problem. As it is, it’s a little chubby guy(?) problem. In fact, Why The **** didn’t the other guys(?) who say they had the problem take their truck in to Ford? If it happened to me under the conditions in the video, I (any smart person) would try to not put those conditions together again. I say the chubby guy(?) is a simpleton idiot.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I said, there's no proof that any modifications have caused the issue. Simply saying it doesn't mean it's a fact. No one has looked at my truck and it's only happened to me in the desert, and I live in Indiana so I'm going to live with it, but simply dismissing the problem due to aftermarket parts is a cop out..

There's literally thousands of trucks with wheels and springs and heavier tires. A few have an issue and it's due to aftermarket parts? Cmon guys. I thought this forum was here to solve problems but obviously I'm wrong about that too

What kind of "proof" are you looking for exactly? You mod the suspension and get suspension related issues is a pretty strong ******* correlation. I hope you're not referring to Magnusson-Moss when you say "proof"

First off, it was never intended as a hall pass for you to do everything under the sun to your vehicle while also dictating what is acceptable proof. The purpose of the act is so OEM's don't have a monopoly on parts. Meaning, you buy a fram air filter instead of Motorcraft or run Moble 1 oil instead of Motorcraft and the dealer and/or manufacturer cannot void your warranty for doing so. It's not there so you can modify critical suspension components, claim your suspension related issues have nothing to do with it and insist that the dealer "prove you wrong"

Secondly, nowhere in the act does it stipulate the dealer has the burden of proof

Thirdly, it doesn't mean jack shit unless you're willing to lawyer up

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes exactly, and the threads about “I hear a squeak, I found a scratch so I want Ford to give me a new truck”
the sympathy shown for Ford in this thread is surprising.
and “he beats the shit out his truck” well why did Ford run the stock truck in the Baja race (on raised suspension by the way)? I’ve never heard Ford say take it easy on the Raptor it’s not a race truck. remember people jumping the gen 1 and bending the frame, Ford addressed that, they didn’t say “don’t jump your truck”
maybe Helio should pay for the repair but Ford should figure out what’s going on

It's not "sympathy for Ford", it's common sense. What's going on is he modified his truck and now he wants Ford to pay for the issues he's experiencing. Ford, nor Ford dealers/technicians, can account for unknown variables. Same with any OEM. All diagnostics and testing are written to a vehicle with the factory configuration. As far as the Baja, Ford only adjusted the suspension to accommodate the additional weight that the truck had to carry. They didn't just raise it a couple inches, throw some 37's on, and say "lets see what happens".

This situation is no different than installing a product like Pedal Commander, having it set DTCs, and then screaming "Ford needs to figure out what's going on!!"

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not "sympathy for Ford", it's common sense. What's going on is he modified his truck and now he wants Ford to pay for the issues he's experiencing. Ford, nor Ford dealers/technicians, can account for unknown variables. Same with any OEM. All diagnostics and testing are written to a vehicle with the factory configuration. As far as the Baja, Ford only adjusted the suspension to accommodate the additional weight that the truck had to carry. They didn't just raise it a couple inches, throw some 37's on, and say "lets see what happens".

This situation is no different than installing a product like Pedal Commander, having it set DTCs, and then screaming "Ford needs to figure out what's going on!!"
So you are saying Fox who makes Raptors shocks by giving owners option to purchase their LiveValve Fox 3.0 Race Series which you can adjust 0-2" said: lets just put it on the market and see what happens? I dont hear about anyone running those having steering issues. How is lift of 1.75" achieved by Fox 3.0 different from 1.75" achieved by Eibach Springs? Also everyone seems to forget that this guy kept having front end issues even before modifying his truck. Also everyone seems to skip the part when he said he is willing to pay for the fix as long there is one. Also everyone seem to skip the part when he said Ford Dealer was well aware of his modification and he was returning it to stock thinking Ford will be doing Buy back. I dont agree with the guy how he went about the issue but lets not paint him as he wants to scam someone.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In his defense again he did state that even that they canceled his warranty he was willing to pay for the fix if someone would offer one.
They probably can’t fix the damage he has caused by swapping said components back and forth under extreme stress. The burden shouldn’t be passed on to Ford any longer either. His offer is simply a “see even they can’t fix the problem” when they can’t even properly assess the damage given they can’t recreate the conditions when a different set of springs, tires, wheels with different offset (he broke at least one from driving so hard), different leafs, and who knows what else. Once some damage is done, it’s not like Ford can just replace the whole front end because he’s been such an upstanding and forthright customer. They may have been able to examine some of the problems had they been given the actual driving configuration, but they much better things to allocate their time, money, and resources into than someone’s personal modded truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you are saying Fox who makes Raptors shocks by giving owners option to purchase their LiveValve Fox 3.0 Race Series which you can adjust 0-2" said: lets just put it on the market and see what happens?

Exactly. You do understand.

I dont hear about anyone running those having steering issues.

Maybe they're manning up and taking responsibility for changing the suspension. You not hearing about it means nothing unless you personally quiz every owner. Do you?

Also everyone seems to forget that this guy kept having front end issues even before modifying his truck.

Somebody said that. I have no idea whether it's true. If it is, the guy is beyond stupid. He could do us all a service and sterilize his son before he reproduces and passes those genes on.

Also everyone seems to skip the part when he said he is willing to pay for the fix as long there is one.

Well, putting it back to stock and replacing every component related to steering and front suspension, including the electronics, wiring, and connectors would probably fix it. I doubt that's what he has in mind.

Also everyone seem to skip the part when he said Ford Dealer was well aware of his modification and he was returning it to stock thinking Ford will be doing Buy back. I dont agree with the guy how he went about the issue but lets not paint him as he wants to scam someone.

Nothing to skip. Ford dealer is not Ford. Dealers scam FMC all the time. Many are dishonest scumbags. This dealer just got caught. Hopefully, FMC is whacking his ****** with a ruler as we speak.