Keyless entry stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. For some reason the passenger side is the one that stops functioning when battery voltage drops.

Even if the battery is fully recharged, a battery monitoring system reset will often need to be performed so the BCM knows the battery is no longer discharged.
Sir, wanted to follow up with you and this thread. I can confirm that after a long drive today (45 minutes), the voltage reading dropped from 14.5 to 14.0V. After another 45 minutes of driving, I tried the passenger side door handle and it worked without issue. Problem solved. Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealership and some unnecessary trouble shooting! Love this forum!!!

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Just to update, my keyless entry systems are all working again too, just a few long-ish drives needed to get it running again :) Hopefully others will find this thread helpful

D11gnccer

Reaction score
I wish I had read this prior to letting the dealer tear into my truck. “All is fine, we returned the body control module to as built setting.” I picked it up today and the passenger side was still not operational. “Looks like we will need to replace the BCM. Bring it in tomorrow.” They are transferring in a BCM from another dealer.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
I wish I had read this prior to letting the dealer tear into my truck. “All is fine, we returned the body control module to as built setting.” I picked it up today and the passenger side was still not operational. “Looks like we will need to replace the BCM. Bring it in tomorrow.” They are transferring in a BCM from another dealer.
Ouf. That is the road I would have gone down as I rarely have the patience to wait and see if things fix themselves. Thankfully it is all working nicely again now - some times it will cut out if I have been in and out of the truck a lot, which is understandable as I'm barely driving anywhere now that we are all back at the home office.